VDub26Falcon

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

VDub26Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:57 pm

What's up...I've been posting on here for awhile now but still never did my good ol' Member Bio, so here goes!

My name is Matt Van Wormer and I graduated from BG in May of 2007 with a degree in Telecommunications, a focus in Video Production and a minor in Popular Culture.

Currently, I am substitute teaching for a local charter school district known as Constellation Schools. It is in the Cleveland area...I live in Elyria.

While at Bowling Green I was the Sports Director for BG24 News for 1 year, a Sports Anchor/Reporter for 2 years and a Videographer for 3 years. I got to see a lot of great things during my tenure with BG24. I was on the field at the 'Shoe for BG/OSU last season, went to East Lansing with the ladies for their 2nd round victory against Vanderbilt, was in Purdue for their game against UCLA the previous year and was at every round of the MAC Tournament for the last 2 seasons. Also, I was at the Doyt for numerous games as well as Anderson Arena for just about every basketball and volleyball game. All in all, a LOT of great memories during my time with BG24.

Now, as I am substitute teaching I am also putting together a business plan so that I might start my own business which will help high school athletes have the best possible highlight tape to send out to schools where they would like to be recruited. With my video background, I really thought this would be a great idea. So, if any of you would like to help me raise the $15,000 dollars I need, I'm always taking donations!

I'm extremely proud to be a Falcon Graduate and I love getting to campus anytime I can!
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Re: VDub26Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:48 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:I am also putting together a business plan so that I might start my own business which will help high school athletes have the best possible highlight tape to send out to schools where they would like to be recruited.

VDub:

Great idea. Many similar businesses are out there, but I suspect there's enough demand for more! As an MBA geek, I love a good business plan.
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Maybe you'd take a look at mine when I finish and give me some feedback?
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Be glad to!
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 pm

That'd be awesome...to quote Snisia...what's your e-mail address?
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:56 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:That'd be awesome...to quote Snisia...what's your e-mail address?

Send it to

coachkarl AT 55glendrive DOT com

:)
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:26 am

Well, best layed plans never seem to work out, do they? Instead of working in the field of Video Production, I now am a new car salesman. I can't say that I saw myself doing this even 3 months ago. I am happy though and that is what really matters, right? Also, I've decided that since I feel I can make a pretty good living selling cars, I'll save my money and start my video production business on the side, hopefully being able to start with the 2009 High School football season. There are a lot of things I'd like to accomplish within the next year and that is definitely one of them!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:55 pm

VDub:

Gotta roll with it ... if you can sell cars in this economy, you might have found your calling!
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby goofyeuph » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 pm

1987alum wrote:VDub:

Gotta roll with it ... if you can sell cars in this economy, you might have found your calling!

Depending on what you're selling, I don't think it's all that hard. I used to make parts for the Honda Civic before moving out west. We were running near capacity and Honda still wanted more parts. Some of the other lines that made parts for the Ridgeline and Pilot weren't as busy, but we were always working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Not totally sure what that means in the sales aspect of things, but that has to mean something.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:10 pm

I'm slangin' Buicks, Pontiacs and GMC Trucks...Pontiac has really been doing a good job in the last few months and the Acadia is a customer favorite!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 pm

are you selling Shamwows now too, can I get some :-D
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Cool, cool. I just bought a Pontiac Vibe this last spring. I love it. Bought a used one, not new though.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 am

I just need some time to vent, so here it goes...

I hate my job. And not in the "Geeze, today is going crappy" kind of way. In the "I wish I would've stayed at Red Robin serving people" kind of way. I am NOT a car salesman. I would do much better in ANY other setting. This is not the place for me. I just want to walk out right now. I'd have to stick my tail between my legs and head back to Red Robin, but I'd do it because I know they'd take me back. I want out of this place but I don't know how to do it. I'm still applying for a TON of jobs in the video production/television field but nothing is happening yet and I REALLY want it to. Plus, the hours at this place SUCK. I hardly ever get to see Amanda, and that is really important to me. We've only been together for 3 and a half months but it's getting serious and I want it to work out so bad, and these hours aren't helping. I need out!!!

Here endeth the venting.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am

I need to add on to my rant...I think one of the main reasons I hate this job is because I DO have a strong work ethic and I feel like a lot of the time I am sitting around doing nothing. It's really the worst feeling in the world. I'm not making any kind of difference in the world or on my life. I know you don't get that at a lot of jobs, but if I was working in video production or television, I would feel a sense of accomplishment. Here, I just feel like I am doing my job simply to make money. Eff that. Money is important, but so is feeling accomplished.

Quick edit...I was cutoff by my approaching boss...As much as I love posting here on AZZ.com, I wish I didn't have as much time to do so while at work. I want to be doing things work related. DON'T SELL CARS!!!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby footballguy51 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I suppose you could always come work with me at Wal-mart. It's not exactly that deep sense of accomplishment, but I can promise that there is never a dull moment, or a time where you have to invent things to do to keep busy. Besides, you get to talk to some of the customers, and then after they leave go "Wow, I'm glad I'm more intelligent than that."
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Member Bios