VDub26Falcon

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 am

Well, I did it...I called the dealership this morning and said "I resign" which was just my way of saying "I hated this job, sorry I wasted your time." So, I'll be taking my Bachelor's Degree and heading back to Red Robin while I search for another real job. I have to go up there today and get everything straightened out with my availability and whatnot. I really thought about it a lot and realized that this is what was best for me. If any of you know anyone who owns a television station or anything, feel free to give them my name!
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am

VDub:

Best of luck finding something that you really like!
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby TG1996 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 am

My advice would be to send your stuff around to not only TV stations, but production companies, too. If you can get on as a freelancer, even just running cable or helping out on shoots/edits, you can learn a ton and get experience to use on a resume down the road.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby tiznow » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Hang in there and keep plugging away. You will find something you like. You took a chance at the car dealer and it wasn't want you want, but you would have never known without trying.
tiznow
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby h2oville rocket » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Ad agencies? Not sure what you do and advertising isn't exactly a burgeoning field right now but its another option.
h2oville rocket
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby 1987alum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:49 am

From someone on the inside ...

Internet
Flash

Career counseling over.
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby VDub26Falcon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 pm

So, I'm back into banking, which is what I did while in college, while I was home on breaks. I am at the School Employees Lorain County Credit Union. I am a full time teller and this is the easiest teller job in the world. I plan on being here for awhile...great benefits, good people around me to argue, er, discuss things with and a great potential for advancement. I'm also sticking at Red Robin on nights and Thursday's to make some extra cash. So, for those of you that teach in the area, come say "Hi" to me at the Credit Union on Griswold Rd. near Midway Mall!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 am

Ok guys, you can stop worrying now. I'm back. I have not been able to get on AZZ.com at work anymore because of an incident that almost cost me my job at the Credit Union. I was on my computer one day, with an internet explorer window open when my computer was hit with an AWFUL virus that left my computer crippled and unable to be used for 2 weeks. I got suspended from the job for 3 days because we aren't supposed to be on the internet, even though the CEO says "But hey, if you want to check the score on ESPN.com or something like that, it's no big deal." Oh well...they let me keep my job and I'm still getting paid...BIG PLUS! But my time on here will be pretty limited from now on but things are still going well! 2009 is going to be great!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:53 pm

It looks like I'll be able to start taking the first steps towards starting my own Video Production Company. I was talking with the CEO here at the Credit Union the other day and I offered my services to make a commercial to promote the CU and he said he thought it was a great idea and for me to get the ball rolling. I also talked to the owner of a local watering hole, Creekside Bar and Grille in Avon who is a friend of the family, about making a commercial for his place too. He liked the idea and is seeing if he can budget for it. My aunt is getting married in June and guess who is going to be the videographer. Me! Also, while working at Red Robin one night last week, I waited a table that had 2 sisters, one of which was a wedding planner, and she said she could use someone like me as a go to if needed on short notice right now, or ahead of time in the future. I'm very excited that things are starting to go my way with this. I'm working on a video of my footage from Washington DC when Amanda and I went a few weeks ago. So, keep your fingers crossed for me! I hope this all goes as planned!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXu5m7AlqM

There it is...my first commercial made for the Credit Union I am employed by. Check it out, give me your feedback, tell me what you think!!!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 am

Nice job!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed May 20, 2009 3:59 pm

My Fiancee, Amanda, and I have settled on a date to get married. We will be exchanging vows on January 15th, 2011 somewhere in Akron it looks like. She's attending Grad School there starting in the fall and we will get married right before her final semester. I'm very excited to start writing this chapter in my life!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Re: VDub26Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 am

So I'm starting something new later today. I will be hosting a Pilot for a Television show called "Taste the Firehouse." The basic premise for the show will be traveling to different Firehouses and seeing what they do for dinner while on station for 24 hours at a time. The Pilot is going to be a little different. Today there is a Firefighters Chili Cook-Off at the Lorain County Fairgrounds in Wellington so we are going to start with that. It should be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it. So, anyone in the area that doesn't mind being on TV, possibly, come on out and try some Chili!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Today marks 365 days until Amanda and I exchange vows. Wow. It seems like I proposed just yesterday. I know this year is going to fly by and I really can't wait to get married. Does that make me weird???
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby 1987alum » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:10 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:It seems like I proposed just yesterday. I know this year is going to fly by and I really can't wait to get married. Does that make me weird???

Time will tell, grasshopper. Time will tell. 8-)
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

PreviousNext

Return to Member Bios