musicman2343

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

musicman2343

Postby musicman2343 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 am

So, I joined back in December of '07 but really haven't been that active until a couple days ago. But, found this thread so I thought I'd post my bio.

I'm a junior at BGSU majoring in music education with a minor in recording technology. I'm a senior by credits. Most people know me as the insane guy who takes ridiculous amounts of credit hours. In chronological order beginning with fall '06, are my credit hours per semester: 19, 20, 21, 24, 23, 25 (s '09). I'll still be here for 5 years. BGSU was the only school I applied to for a number of reasons: good music program, good music education program, full academic ride, band director went here (class of '94), somewhat close to home, and I had a few friends up here.

I'm originally from Fairfield, Ohio - a city about 15 miles north of Cincinnati. Went to Stephen T. Badin High School in Hamilton - graduated in 2006. Back to BG now -

Lived in Batchelder 327 my freshman year - pretty much hated every minute of it. Dorms suck! The only person that kept me sane was they guy next door who was also a music major. I might as well had a single room because my roommate was never there - didn't even sleep there (or if he did, he would come back at 6 am and then crash).
Appealed to res life and got off-campus sophomore year and lived over on 4th street by myself... Kinda lonely, but it was a fun time.
Now I live over in University Village. Really nice spot - especially being a music major b/c the CMA is not far away at all.

I'm involved in a lot of different things - obviously music. Trombone player in the FMB and the Athletic Band. Clarinet in the "sit-down" bands. I was actually a double major in clarinet and voice for 2 years then dropped clarinet for a number of reasons. So, now I'm just a voice major.
I'm in the BGSU Men's Chorus and I'm the treasurer of the organization. I'm in the Collegiate Chorale and a few other music ensembles.
I'm Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia fraternity. It's a fraternity that promotes American music and I am actually the music director for the fraternity.

Contrary to popular belief, music majors do have a life outside of the College of Musical Arts.

I have an assistantship at St. Thomas More Parish as a music intern. I'm involved in BGUNDEAD (yeah, the nerf "blaster" group). I am also a broadcaster with the Bowling Green Radio Sports Organization. So obviously, I LOVE BG SPORTS! I'll be broadcasting my first women's basketball game on the 7th of January (@ Kent St.)! So, tune in on WBGU!

I acutally love sports in general - yes music geeks understand sports believe it or not. I actually hold a basketball referee license from the Ohio High School Athletic Association. I also umpire baseball. I announced soccer and basketball for 3 years in high school.
My favorite NFL team is the Bengals and I like the Reds too. Haven't really gotten into professional hockey yet, but you can be damn sure I'll be at every BG hockey game - either playing in the band or screaming my head off in the student section!
"Shegos - you're terrible! and ugly! and terribly ugly!" :D

Roll along!
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Nice to have another person from the Cincy area on here. I would listen to your radio debut but I'll be at that game at Kent, I'm sure you'll do fine, just make sure you get Curt's last name right. Basketball refing thing is cool, I work with intramurals and we are always looking for people to ref, we have basketball starting up couple weeks after break, so if you got any time left in that busy schedule to make a few extra bucks let me know and I'll send you the dates of our clinics
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:16 pm

yeah, if I can find some time I might look into that. always looking for new places to referee.

oh and looking at my first post, I forgot to mention one vital piece of information - my name is Anthony
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: musicman2343

Postby musicman2343 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:11 pm

I am now a graduate of Bowling Green State University!!
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:29 pm

musicman2343 wrote:I am now a graduate of Bowling Green State University!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the BGSU Alumni Association!!

I love it when they say that at the ceremony right after they have the graduates move the tassel from the right side to the left!!! :-D
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:18 pm

And I immediately said, "Now give us your money." Everyone around me laughed.
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:12 pm

musicman2343 wrote:And I immediately said, "Now give us your money." Everyone around me laughed.

WELL OF COURSE!!! :mrgreen:
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby h2oville rocket » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:21 pm

FF, I just got a letter asking me to become a something or other level donor to help pay for the Wolf Center or something- Got a pretty good laugh out of that. Hope they enjoyed my response. Musicman will have to fill in for my missing $.
h2oville rocket
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 pm

h2oville rocket wrote:FF, I just got a letter asking me to become a something or other level donor to help pay for the Wolf Center or something- Got a pretty good laugh out of that. Hope they enjoyed my response. Musicman will have to fill in for my missing $.

HAHA!!! I think it's hilarious that they sent you a donor request!!! But, ...considering how much time you spend on this BG board..... :-D
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:00 am

Falcon Fanatic wrote:But, ...considering how much time you spend on this BG board..... :-D

I was thinking the same thing haha!

I received a whole bunch of those before I even graduated - as far back as my sophomore year. I'll definitely donate - I just need to get a decent income first. Part-time music director at St. Thomas More won't really support donations just yet!
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 am

Don't forget the Badenhop Challenge for the Falcon Club - $25 membership fee.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby h2oville rocket » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

If time spent on a school's board is a reason to cough up dough UT will do very well thanks to a couple Falcon fans! They probably have more money than I do as well, what with their BG education and all! ;)
h2oville rocket
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Figure it's time for an update -

This morning I finalized a new job!!

Starting July 1, I will be the Director of Music and Liturgy at St. Wendelin Catholic Church in Fostoria! I also get to work at the high school helping out with the music department! Pretty much the best of both worlds for me!

Extremely excited for this job! \:D/

Side note: The current music director at the school graduated from BG too! Maybe we can decorate the music room in orange and brown.... :lol:
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby 1987alum » Fri May 20, 2011 9:19 am

Excellent news. Congrats!
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby Warthog » Fri May 20, 2011 1:44 pm

musicman, do you work at St. Tom's now?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
- Ernest Hemingway
Warthog
Freak Wanna-be!!
Freak Wanna-be!!

Next

Return to Member Bios