Newbie to the Forum - MC3022

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

Newbie to the Forum - MC3022

Postby mc3022 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 am

Hey guys, hows it going? I've been posting on the forum this season and thought I should formally introduce myself.

My name is Matt, 24 years old, and I graduated from Central Michigan University (I'll explain the BG connect in a bit) with a BSBA in Marketing. I am originally from Rochester Hills, MI, (about 40 mins north of Detroit) but currently reside in Grand Rapids, MI, where I work as a IT salesman.

Football (and sports in general) has pretty much been preached to me my entire life. I have been lucky enough to enough to experience many life lessons and consider myself the person I am today because of it.

Started out playing when I was 8 years old on my pee-wee team, progressing to high school at Rochester Adams ('03 State Champs!) and eventually to college for a year at Northwood University. (small DII school in Mid-Michigan.)

I played at Northwood during my freshman year until an injury forced me to leave the game - where I then transferred to Central.

During my years at Central, I was actually lucky enough to coach two years at a small school called Beal City High School- I was the O & D line coach and had a blast doing it.

Right about the time I moved to Grand Rapids my brother (who I'll leave nameless for the time being) had just completed his Junior year of High School and was looking to take his talents (LBJ ha.) to the next level.

My father and I served as his primary recruiter and had the pleasure to travel around the Midwest to attend camps/games. Schools we visited ranged from Big Ten to 1AA schools. All in all, it was a great experience.

In the end, the decision for Bowling Green over other MAC schools was made mainly because of the coaching staff. (yes, they all have great personalities.)

My Brother has been enrolled at BG since the start of the year, and my family and I look forward to watching him play for 4 more years - Can't wait till they raise that MAC trophy over their head.

Go BG!
"Yeah, I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about not listening to her enough or somethin. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."

Chi-Town here I come...
mc3022
Egg
Egg

Re: Newbie to the Forum - MC3022

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 am

Welcome to the boards mc!! This forum has been a great place to meet Falcon friends! Stop by our tailgate next year so we can meet you!! Despite the "frustration" posts that we have seen a lot of lately, this really is the best forum around and one the best places to get news about the Falcons!

GO BG!!
FALCONS FOREVER!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mc3022 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Falcon Fanatic wrote:Welcome to the boards mc!! This forum has been a great place to meet Falcon friends! Stop by our tailgate next year so we can meet you!! Despite the "frustration" posts that we have seen a lot of lately, this really is the best forum around and one the best places to get news about the Falcons!

GO BG!!
FALCONS FOREVER!!

Thanks Falcon! I'm glad that I found this website and can talk with other BG enthusiasts. Defiantly looking forward to meeting you guys - will have to stop by next year

You guys are usually in lot 20 correct?
"Yeah, I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about not listening to her enough or somethin. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."

Chi-Town here I come...
mc3022
Egg
Egg

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 pm

mc3022 wrote:Thanks Falcon! I'm glad that I found this website and can talk with other BG enthusiasts. Defiantly looking forward to meeting you guys - will have to stop by next year

You guys are usually in lot 20 correct?

If we have the trailer, yes, we're usually in 20 or in the next lot down, which is 13, I think. Looking forward to meeting you!

GO BG!!
FALCONS FOREVER!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Grand Rapids... I spent the majority of my summer's as a kid over on the NE side...not to far from where Shonte Dantzler did his thing earlier this year...

I think the city may have changed a bit since I was there...

I hope your sib really enjoys his time at BG....I know I did.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby mc3022 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Flipper wrote:Grand Rapids... I spent the majority of my summer's as a kid over on the NE side...not to far from where Shonte Dantzler did his thing earlier this year...

I think the city may have changed a bit since I was there...

I hope your sib really enjoys his time at BG....I know I did.

Thanks Flip...I know he is truly enjoying his time there so far...be interesting to see where he will land on the depth chart next year - especially if he has a strong spring

That's cool you've been to GR! I'm actually on the NW side off Lake Michigan Drive. I really enjoy it here

Chi-Town here I come...
mc3022
Egg
Egg

Return to Member Bios