jlozer8

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

jlozer8

Postby jlozer8 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:04 pm

I could've done this a long time ago, just never thought to.

My name is Jason Lozer, and I am technically a third year, senior music education major on trumpet, but I will be here at BG for at least 5 years despite being a senior early. I have marched with the Falcon Marching Band all three years, serving as trumpet section leader this past season. I am originally from the small, boring town of Wauseon, OH. My dad and three of his four sisters, as well as one of his step-sisters all went to BG, so that played a big role in my decision to come here. Of course the other reason I am here is because I only took 2 trumpet auditions, the other one being OSU, and I didn't get in there, so I ended up here. However after being here for a while, I am glad that I ended up here instead of there anyways, as the music education program here is a top notch program.

My favorite BG sport is definitely football. Other than BG, my favorite sports teams are the LA Lakers and the Miami Dolphins. I am a baseball fan, but I do not have a favorite team, I just root for the underdog and AGAINST the Yankees. I am also an avid Barry Bonds hater. I'm not really into hockey, but will attend a BG hockey game occasionally. I don't care at all for the NHL though, especially with the lockout. I think that is about all I have. OMAR FOR HEISMAN IN '05!!!
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:46 am

Glad to hear you attend hockey occasionally!! Keep coming to the games, you will find them VERY addicting!!! They are even better when we have a fantastic pep band that understands the game of hockey!!!!!!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Metz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:15 am

The question everyone will want to know now that your first choice was OSU is...

If BG plays OSU, who do you cheer for Lozer? :D

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby jlozer8 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:54 am

BG, no question.
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby jlozer8 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:58 am

Oh, and I never said OSU was my first choice, it was just the only other place I took an audition at. Unless they would have given a lot of money, I would've ended up here in BG anyways.
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby jlozer8 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Wow, this bio is getting old and out of date.

I have since graduated (May 2007) BGSU with a degree in Music Ed and am currently pursuing a Masters in trumpet performance at the University of Missouri. This year I have been a teaching assistant for a jazz history type of class for non-music majors. Next year I will be a teaching assistant with the band department here, working with the marching band as well as the some with the sit-down bands. If all goes as planned, I'll finish my degree in May 2009 and enter the real world as a public school teacher.
Falcon Marching Band - Trumpet Section Leader '04, '05. '06
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Re: jlozer8

Postby jlozer8 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Out of date once again. I'm now entering my 2nd year of teaching 5th-12th grade band in Cole Camp, Missouri.
Falcon Marching Band - Trumpet Section Leader '04, '05. '06
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 am

jlozer8 wrote:Out of date once again. I'm now entering my 2nd year of teaching 5th-12th grade band in Cole Camp, Missouri.

Amazing how fast the time flies, isn't it? :-D Your second year will be SOOO much easier than that crazy first year!!!! Have a good one!! I just started my 30th year in education!! :-D
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 am

They let you start teaching the day you were BORN!?!?!? :-)
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby BGFan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:They let you start teaching the day you were BORN!?!?!? :-)

Hey, now....she's a married woman! No pick up lines allowed! :axe:
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Just brown nosing for preferential Tailgate Treatment.
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Return to Member Bios