Shu: Double Agent (sorta)

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

Shu: Double Agent (sorta)

Postby BGSUfanatUT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:40 pm

Well everyone that trolls here regularly already knows me I guess. T was here b4 the site revamp as well, but then I took a VERY long absence, for a reason still unknown to even myself. But I'm back, and with a vengence too, just look at the post count! Ive finally slacked off enough to get under 13 posts/day. (I know, I have no life) While that may be true, its really more because I have way too much down time at work, so I read the boards all the time. Chances are that I will read your post within 20 seconds of you posting it; yes, I'm that pathetic.

For those of you that don't know me, or cant figure it out, I am a University of Toledo student. <---- Note that you will never see me use capital letter when refering to my school (or ohio state) ever again. I just don't give either institute that much credit. I go to toledo for Civil Engineering (which BGSU does not have at all, thats why i dont go there--for those of you that ask me all the time)

Currently I live in Cincinnati (sharonville). I am down here til december '04 for a co-op(intern) position at Cinergy. Its a massive untilities company, where I design substations to distribute and transform electrical power to the Milliom+ people we serve.

Falcon Hockey is the greatest thing on earth, and FF will agree with me, so if you don't, it's 2 on 1 buddy. :D I am also a member of the self proclaimed "entourage" consisting also of Bacn3 from this site, and our friends. Last year we were immortalized on ESPN when they did a segment on us at the toledo game. WE slept out at the gates of the Doyt(for the 2nd of 3 times that year) and the crews saw us there, and got our names and such, put us on TV in the 2nd half, names on screeen and all. I was quite a glorious cap to our 9 national ESPN appearances for the year, including sportscenter and gameday openign shots. We rarly miss a football game, and few Bball and hockey events slip past us as well. Though we vow to watch us play @ Alaska fairbanks sometime.

OK, new day of work, time to finish what i started. You can call me Shu is you want, most people do. My real naem is Austin Shuler. i was born and raised in BG, as was my dad, and his dad....maybe longer? So I am at least a 3rd generation townie. oddly enough, my mother went to BGSU, no my father. I love this city so much, granted it's cuz I lived in toledo, but I always just feel better when I would drive into town from school.

I'm a huge Montreal Expos fan. If there is one team that could contend with BG athletcs for my favorite it is that. If I had to choose to see them win a world series, or BG win a national title (in football, Bball, Hockey) It would be a tough choice. I like the Lions, but Ill take College football over NFL anyway. The Canadians, and Avalance are my NHL teams, Crew and the Fire for MLS, Pistons and old skool Utah Jazz(Stockton), for NBA(but its not a real sport anyway) And when i was really into it, Dale(RIP) and Dale Jr. for NASCAR.

Seton Hall is my NCAA Bball team after BG, for obvious reasons, but I liked them well before I aquired the SHU nickname. I also hopped on the Zags train at their begining.

I can't stand ohio st. (sry hammb) or anything affiliated with said institution. Next comes pretty much any fan in teh greater toledo area. They all liek osu, and toledo, and the browns. None of which I am greatly fond of. Before you say it, no I dont hate the browns, I just get sick of hearing about them all the time. After them, is Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, Barry Bonds, Yankees, Tampa bay bucs, and Atlanta Falcons. We can do without any of those.

Thats about it I think, glad to be here among such company and talking about the best hing ever, Falcon Athletics.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. A rocket is always a dildo."
~Rightupinthere
BGSUfanatUT
rubs smooth arms
rubs smooth arms

Postby Metz » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:53 am

I'm a huge Montreal Expos fan.

I guess you have to be a Washington Expos fan now!!
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Re: Shu: Double Agent (sorta)

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:20 am

BGSUfanatUT wrote:Falcon Hockey is the greatest thing on earth, and FF will agree with me, so if you don't, it's 2 on 1 buddy. :D

You Rock!!! :rock: :partyman: :supz: :drinkers:

It's SOOOO great to get a few more hockey fanatics on here!!!! Season starts in 9 days!!! WOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSUfanatUT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:29 am

McMetz811 wrote:
I'm a huge Montreal Expos fan.

I guess you have to be a Washington Expos fan now!!

You know it. I'm, just glad they didnt go to Vegas of Portland like some wanted, that would kill me. Now its still a legitimate weekend serise trip to make to DC. Plus there is lots to do in DC during the day.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. A rocket is always a dildo."
~Rightupinthere
BGSUfanatUT
rubs smooth arms
rubs smooth arms

Postby Altoid_storm » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:11 pm

BGSUfanatUT wrote: Pistons and old skool Utah Jazz(Stockton), for NBA(but its not a real sport anyway) .

I think we should be best friends. Haha, I hate NBA...though I'm quite fond of the girls basketball here at BGSU!! It's good to find another amazing HOCKEY FAN!! [/img]
Falcon Hockey Forever
Altoid_storm
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Rightupinthere » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am

Altoid_storm wrote:
BGSUfanatUT wrote: Pistons and old skool Utah Jazz(Stockton), for NBA(but its not a real sport anyway) .

I think we should be best friends. Haha, I hate NBA...though I'm quite fond of the girls basketball here at BGSU!! It's good to find another amazing HOCKEY FAN!! [/img]

It might be better to contact BGSUfanatUT via email. For valid reasons his own, he hasn't posted here in 2 years.

I miss the lad.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Return to Member Bios