What do you want??

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Re: What do you want??

Postby factman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I find that just absolutly amazing, especially since some "tool" from Toledo, can supposedly call recruits prior to their signing, under the guise of working for a "similar" type board and be perfectly legal!
I guess that just shows how messed up the NCAA really is!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 pm

factman wrote:I find that just absolutly amazing, especially since some "tool" from Toledo, can supposedly call recruits prior to their signing, under the guise of working for a "similar" type board and be perfectly legal!

I'm not saying I couldn't do things like that, I'm saying I won't. I COULD do the site up with all the official logos and slogans and images of athletes, but I won't because the rules say you don't.

The University hasn't asked me not to use their trademarks or anything... this is a decision I've made and am making on my own.

There will be an official Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba.com logo soon... people will know we're BGSU supporters.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Strouse » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:18 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
factman wrote:I find that just absolutly amazing, especially since some "tool" from Toledo, can supposedly call recruits prior to their signing, under the guise of working for a "similar" type board and be perfectly legal!

I'm not saying I couldn't do things like that, I'm saying I won't. I COULD do the site up with all the official logos and slogans and images of athletes, but I won't because the rules say you don't.

The University hasn't asked me not to use their trademarks or anything... this is a decision I've made and am making on my own.

There will be an official Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba.com logo soon... people will know we're BGSU supporters.

Fair enough Grant, I'm sure we all have complete faith in ya to do it the right way!
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:43 am

I want my old job back.

It's not the title I seek. It's the power.

:-D
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am

Is there a way you can add a button that lets you add a person as a friend or foe in their profile? Like, I clicked on Peregrinner's profile to see how badly I was destroying him in the post count :wink: and I would love to be able to just click something that says "Make Friend" or "Make Foe"
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby transfer2BGSU » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:48 am

ZiggyZoomba wrote:This was all part of the "bringing it up to code" I mentioned earlier. Those are registered trademarks of BGSU... NCAA regulations state that you can't use college athletes on sites like this either... so, some things had to change. I'll be trying to make it say "Bowling Green" more as we move forward, but some things just can't be done.

Baloney. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. :lol:

I'd like to see the Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic at the bottom of the thread (like it was on the old board)
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:I'd like to see the Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic at the bottom of the thread (like it was on the old board)

I can do that... Added to the TO DO list.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby TG1996 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Bleeding Orange wrote:Well, despite TG's involvement in them, I really enjoyed the podcasts that you did a handful of times. The production was great, they were informative, and you really did a bang-up job as a host. I certainly wouldn't expect this to be something that you would do on a weekly basis, but perhaps just every now and then when something happens to warrant the effort.

Also, perhaps it might be kind of fun to have people volunteer to do some articles on the history of BG athletics every now and then. I'm sure TG would be carrying the load on them simply because of his resources, but I'm sure others wouldn't mind chipping in, and we might even be able to talk Coach C into contributing (now THAT would be interesting!). I don't know jack about web development, but I don't imagine that it would be too difficult to feature the articles on the main access page, perhaps posting a notice in the appropriate forum for those who link directly to the boards. This might be an especially worth feature as it seems that so many people come here to reconnect with BGSU.

These are just suggestions. After all, as long as the lights are on here I think most of us are as happy as pigs in slop. :-)

I meant to get back to this, after giving your mother time to give you the "it's not nice to make fun of people you later ask help from" speech. (It *IS* a long drive from Indy to Cleveland, after all!)

But seriously, I'm always looking for help writing stuff up and contributing to the BGSUsports.com site. Not saying I've got room for everything that comes down the pike, but my research ability is slightly hampered by my distance from BG. :( I've got a lot of stuff in the works, but sometimes the attention span and lack of energy get in the way. I've chatted with a few of ya about lending a hand in some areas and I'm sure others would be willing to help out. Lemme know, it's pretty exciting stuff! :-D
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby thewebboy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am

footballguy51 wrote:I like the idea of a photo gallery with user upload rights. That means that if I decide to take a bike ride by the stadium, I can take pictures of anything new or interesting and post them for everybody to see.

Following the photo gallery idea, back in the day some users would upload their own BG wallpapers. I wouldn't mind a special section of the photo gallery dedicated to desktop wallpapers, whether it be user-created or just nice high-res images. I've made a few I'd love to share, but I'm afraid they'd get lost in a forum topic if I posted a link there.

Great work on the new site!
thewebboy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Ydfalcon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 am

thewebboy wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:I like the idea of a photo gallery with user upload rights. That means that if I decide to take a bike ride by the stadium, I can take pictures of anything new or interesting and post them for everybody to see.

Following the photo gallery idea, back in the day some users would upload their own BG wallpapers. I wouldn't mind a special section of the photo gallery dedicated to desktop wallpapers, whether it be user-created or just nice high-res images. I've made a few I'd love to share, but I'm afraid they'd get lost in a forum topic if I posted a link there.

Great work on the new site!

I'd like that too. Especially some recent ones, since most of what seems to be out there shows the Doyt before the Sebo and field turf were put in/focus on Josh Harris/have the old Falcon logo. And while I don't have any ill feelings towards any of those things, it'd be cool to also have some available that reflected the current look of the university as well, in terms of how the facilities look now, current uniforms and logos, etc.
- yd
Ydfalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Website Feedback