Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Postby truth » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I am not pro at making a good avatar, and am struggling with getting one to work. I fail at the interwebnets.

I made a 60k .bmp file, The file type was not supported when I went to upload the photo from my machine.

I turned it into a pdf, and still no love. (not surprised about that.)

I see some people have fancy avatars. I just want a simple one, but don't want to copy of someone else from some other web forum.

Do I need to create my own, then host it somewhere on one of them pictureloader.com type websites?
insane in tha membrane
truth
Fledgling
Fledgling

Re: Avatars

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

truth wrote:I am not pro at making a good avatar, and am struggling with getting one to work. I fail at the interwebnets.

I made a 60k .bmp file, The file type was not supported when I went to upload the photo from my machine.

I turned it into a pdf, and still no love. (not surprised about that.)

I see some people have fancy avatars. I just want a simple one, but don't want to copy of someone else from some other web forum.

Do I need to create my own, then host it somewhere on one of them pictureloader.com type websites?

You can upload an avatar directly here... just needs to be less than 1MB. Dimensions need to be at least 20x20 pixels, but not larger than 150x150. Easiest way to do it is to save it as a JPG or a GIF or a PNG... I believe all of those are supported, but I know for sure JPG is.

Then just go to your "User Control Panel" click on "Profile" and "Edit Avatar" on the left side menu and make the changes. Either uploading your own, or if you want to steal it from somewhere else, you can past the URL address in the "Upload from a URL" field.
Attachments
Screen shot 2009-10-02 at 8.07.13 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2009-10-02 at 8.07.13 PM.jpg (100.45 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Re: Avatars

Postby truth » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks Grant. I'll take a look at this again soon, and see if I can't get one up and running.
insane in tha membrane
truth
Fledgling
Fledgling

Return to Website Feedback