Ads covering links

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Ads covering links

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Anyone else have an long rectangular ad covering most of the white space above the postings? It covers the personal message link and the log out link, among other things. It's really annoying. I thought if I logged out, it might change it, but I can't get to the log out link to try it and my computer is set to keep me logged in even after I restart it.
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Ads covering links

Postby factman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes, and it is in the way if I want to log in!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby rood » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:53 pm

ADBLOCK!
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

It only occurs on smaller displays. On my 27" monitor the add is where it is supposed to be. My guess is something changed and the adds aren't resizing themselves for the screen size.

This should probably be moved to the Admin forum.
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:59 am

I have a 24" and the ad covers it!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 pm

factman wrote:I have a 24" and the ad covers it!

Braggart :---) #-o \:D/
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:55 pm

factman wrote:I have a 24" and the ad covers it!

It appears that you're 3" short. :-D Either that or your resolution isn't set high enough (which is my guess). For a display that size it should be set at 1620 x 1050 or higher.
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mscarn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 am

Falcon Fanatic wrote:Anyone else have an long rectangular ad covering most of the white space above the postings? It covers the personal message link and the log out link, among other things. It's really annoying. I thought if I logged out, it might change it, but I can't get to the log out link to try it and my computer is set to keep me logged in even after I restart it.

I'm getting the same thing. Try running the cursor (the little hand) just slightly over the top of the ads (without clicking on them) and the logout function will be displayed. You can click on it and it will work like normal without bringing you to the ad page.
mscarn
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 pm

mscarn wrote:
Falcon Fanatic wrote:Anyone else have an long rectangular ad covering most of the white space above the postings? It covers the personal message link and the log out link, among other things. It's really annoying. I thought if I logged out, it might change it, but I can't get to the log out link to try it and my computer is set to keep me logged in even after I restart it.

I'm getting the same thing. Try running the cursor (the little hand) just slightly over the top of the ads (without clicking on them) and the logout function will be displayed. You can click on it and it will work like normal without bringing you to the ad page.

Nope, that didn't work for me. :?
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 pm

If you have a google account, you should be able to turn off "interest-based ads"

It picks ads based on websites you visit. I turned them off and the ads disappeared.

Check here:

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:14 pm

musicman2343 wrote:If you have a google account, you should be able to turn off "interest-based ads"

It picks ads based on websites you visit. I turned them off and the ads disappeared.

Check here:

Ok...I did that and it didn't change a thing. :(
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 am

Falcon Fanatic wrote:
musicman2343 wrote:If you have a google account, you should be able to turn off "interest-based ads"

Check here:

Ok...I did that and it didn't change a thing. :(

What browser are you using?
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Website Feedback