More problems at Akron

Talk about the Buckeyes the Wolverines the Hilltoppers the Ducks the Beavers the Chanticleers... or anyone else who isn't BG or an opponent in this forum.

More problems at Akron

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... homas.html

What the heck is going on over there???
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: More problems at Akron

Postby Falconfreak90 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Pretty bad right now at the U of A. The new president, plucked straight from the academic train wreck 25 miles north on 75, has alienated about 90% of the alumni with his moves and decisions. They have so much debt there as well. I am starting to question what the heck the previous president and his admin were doing! Guy was making well over 500K a year.
Thank God it isn't BG.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby factman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Doesn't theBoard of Trustees have to approve the mega spending? Seems to me the fault may be in their lap.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 pm

factman wrote:Doesn't theBoard of Trustees have to approve the mega spending? Seems to me the fault may be in their lap.

The board of trustees generally approves whatever is put in front of them. Yes, they must approve the spending, but I cannot recall an instance where a board did not approve something.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:28 pm

The B of T definitely has some blame as well. It just came out in Sat's paper U of A spent almost 1 Million to renovate the President's house. Akron purchased it for $850,000 in 1999. People are very pissed right now...

Yesterday, it was revealed the U of A paid almost $500 for an urn for the new President's master bedroom. Damn.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:06 am

It's getting bad in Akron, many students are upset with the recent firing of nearly 200 employees from EJ Thomas Hall. They're in total clean house mode.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Other Schools