Where do we stand?

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

Where do we stand?

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:07 pm

I know several guys have posted the "top recruiting efforts" being made by Jinks and company, but the ratings folks don't seem to agree. 247, for example, has current class listed at 6th best in MAC, Trailing WMU, UT, Northern, Central, Miami.
No one really knows how these classes will work out. In fact most of sites show BG with only 4-5 verbals, tho Falconblog is showing 9.
My question still holds. How many of these kids will actually SIGN in December, not to mention the usual Feb. date?
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Where do we stand?

Postby Flipper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Six....no...seven. Yes...seven
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Schadenfreude » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 am

We had a strong early rating based on having all three-star recruits. Then Jinks got additional verbals from some high school students who were not as highly rated by the recruiting services.

The truth is that we will not know how his recruiting is going until the students get here and get more experience. I'm an optimist.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby fredthefalcon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 pm

247 bases its overall calculation on their internal player rating as well as #stars. Thus the teams with more recruits particularly those with more three stars score higher. WMU has 15 commitments, Toledo 14, and Miami 13. BG is listed at 5 but I did use the 247 calculator to determine the impact of those 4 commits by Falcon.blog that are currently not listed on 247. Only Antonio Smith has a rating on 247 at present so the other players would not change BG's total score at all. Smith increases the value 6+ points enabling a small jump up the MAC charts to 5th. As someone else said it's early.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Recruiting News