2019 MAC Tournament

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Re: 2019 MAC Tournament

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Goodbye, Persons - see you never.

FINAL:

#3 Bowling Green 99, #11 Ball State 86
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 pm

I never want to see Persons ever again.

Played great the second half and with energy.

This team can beat anyone when it plays with energy.

See you all tomorrow.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby ZuluWarrior » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 pm

BG in the NCAA Tournament is second only to the Lions winning a Super Bowl for my sports bucket list. But no matter what - this season has blown me away! Way to go Coach Huger, players and BG!
ZuluWarrior
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:16 pm

ZuluWarrior wrote:BG in the NCAA Tournament is second only to the Lions winning a Super Bowl for my sports bucket list. But no matter what - this season has blown me away! Way to go Coach Huger, players and BG!

I've still got 2 packages of vacuum sealed real Myles pizza in my freezer. One for selection Sunday meal the day we make the tourney. One for Superbowl Sunday meal when the browns are in it.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Next year the guard play will be even better. We'll have 3 senior guards, a sophomore with tons of experience and a Freshman who seems really exciting. Guard play is how I think the best teams win.

Loved the way both Plowden and Fields played tonight. You can easily see them both becoming stars with more chances. As Wiggins and Lillard move on they will get lots more chances next year.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 am

Globetrotter wrote:We seem fragile. Like the first sign of diversity I expect us to fall apart. We don't have too many guys with much grit.

You might have our basketball team confused with Tucker Carlson.

Nice win. Let's do it again tonight.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am

Schadenfreude wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:We seem fragile. Like the first sign of diversity I expect us to fall apart. We don't have too many guys with much grit.

You might have our basketball team confused with Tucker Carlson.

Nice win. Let's do it again tonight.

LOL. Best response to a typo ever.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby hammb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

Don't know how many watched the UT/NIU game last night, but what NIU did was NOT sustainable or indicative of the team they have. They played out of their minds throwing everything in from anywhere. Off dribble 3s, why not, running hook shots through the lane, sure thing. Everything they threw up seemed to find the bottom of the net. They did miss a couple front end of 1&1s late to keep UT in the game, but for the most part they just couldn't miss.

If they play like THAT again? They'll be real tough to beat. I'll have to see it happen to believe it though. If we show up and defend I think we can roll them. Another team without a great big presence, the way Wiggins played last night would be real nice to see again tonight. Just don't let them shoot over 50% from three again and I like our chances.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby mbenecke » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 am

I agree with hammb's sentiment above. This is a game that this team shouldn't really struggle too much with, as we have the talent advantage and we seem like the better team overall. If nothing crazy happens, we should reel in another W tonight. We just have to stay focused and play our game.

So to reset...

SEMIFINALS:

#5 Central Michigan vs. #1 Buffalo 6:30pm CBSSN
#7 NIU vs. #3 Bowling Green 9:00pm Fox College Sports - Atlantic
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 am

I don't get Fox College Sports - Atlantic. I'm so irritated.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:32 am

footballguy51 wrote:I don't get Fox College Sports - Atlantic. I'm so irritated.

Same here. I wish the MAC would negotiate a TV deal that would actually work for fans. Like, either get BOTH games on CBSSN, or find out a way to get it on ESPN+ or something, so people at least have a chance to watch it.
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 am

mbenecke wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:I don't get Fox College Sports - Atlantic. I'm so irritated.

Same here. I wish the MAC would negotiate a TV deal that would actually work for fans. Like, either get BOTH games on CBSSN, or find out a way to get it on ESPN+ or something, so people at least have a chance to watch it.

It's been so freaking annoying trying to watch all these games this year. One game we're on ESPN3, then we're on ESPN+, then you're on CBSSN. The only way to actually watch all the games is having a huge cable package with tons of channels AND subscribe to multiple streaming services.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby mbenecke » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am

You'd think we could at least get it on FSOhio or SportstimeOhio. But they have to show NHRA drag racing and Beer Money reruns.

Just too bad. Really a great opportunity to grow the fan base locally and regionally, but we're stuck on some channel nobody has around here.
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am

OK, to piggy back...what the flying hell is "Fox Sports College"!? I have DirecTV with a billion channels and I don't know if even I can get it. I'll gladly add a package then take it off for one day to get the game, but I'm not even sure if that's an option.

I didn't realize it was on an asinine channel that nobody has ever heard of. My god our TV contracts are s**t.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am

hammb wrote:OK, to piggy back...what the flying hell is "Fox Sports College"!? I have DirecTV with a billion channels and I don't know if even I can get it. I'll gladly add a package then take it off for one day to get the game, but I'm not even sure if that's an option.

I didn't realize it was on an asinine channel that nobody has ever heard of. My god our TV contracts are s**t.

For Spectrum, the channel is called "Fox Sports College - Atlantic". There are three Fox Sports College channels: Atlantic, Central, and Pacific. It is part of an extended sports package for me.

I found out Fubo TV has a free trial version, and if you buy the extended sports package on that you can get those channels. The extended package is also a free trial, so you don't have to pay for anything. I plan to activate it tonight so I can watch it, then I'll cancel it (I did that with ESPN+ last night).
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops