Transfer Watch

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Transfer Watch

Postby MarkL » Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 pm

WMU is losing two starting WRs to transfer.

Here's how I see it. I don't know any given situation. I'm not any given player who chooses to transfer, nor a family member or coach. I am not privy to the player's academic or athletic goals, or interpersonal relationships. So I am in no place to criticize any given transfer.
But when you step back and see how many are happening, it kind of looks like the MAC is being treated as a minor league for other conferences. I don't see the overall effect healthy, even if the individual transfer situations are good. I don't see the whole being greater than the sum of the parts, so to speak.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 pm

They are equals...the notion that some guy who did a sales job on yiu to get you to sign with his program should be able to move along when he feels like it while you have to stay....or maybe you were promised one thing...like Tate Martell...but then you were told to look elsewhere by the guys who recruited you you should have equal freedom because you have an equal stake...if not a greater stake in what goes on. Players have ONE SHOT. They have a five year window to play the sport they love while getting an education or getting ready to play at the next level. Coches have many shots. Mike Jinks was the worst football coach in BGSU history...but...he has another job.

Antimob...overly sentimental? You sound like an outtake from North Dallas Forty..."When I say it's a business...you say it's a game...when I say it's a game, you say it's a business" You want coaches to have all the power over these kids. Well...they don't. Suck it up and deal with it

And before you or anyone else throws the "Pandora's box" into the lap of the players...think about this. Do you really think Doege just suddenly decided to up and transfer out...or was he contacted by someone with connections to another school? Someone who thought "man..we sure could use another experienced QB" I think it's pretty likely that your pure as the wind driven snow coaches are out there beating the bushes for players when they shouldn't be. Most of them are cheaters any way in one form or another. Why should we assume they're playing this process honestly?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falconwriter » Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 am

Tate Martell was all about OSU and competition one week -- and gone the next. Not sure I'd believe anything he said. When it was first announced that Fields was transferring, Tate made a point of saying he welcomed competition...and then not much later, announced he was leaving for a school where he believes he can step right in and start. Honestly, I'm not sure that's the case with his skill set, even at a school as bad as Miami has become. Don't get me wrong, he's very quick and fast, but his passing is really, really bad right now.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Thu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Doege to WVU is official.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:18 pm

mbenecke wrote:Doege to WVU is official.

Not surprised based on the twitter stuff we already knew, but surprised he went somewhere there was already a pretty tough QB competition, including with a grad transfer from Oklahoma who was a 4-star and eligible immediately for two seasons. Best of luck to Doege, but he's going to have to fight to get playing time down there, I think.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Thu May 16, 2019 4:37 pm

MarkL wrote:But when you step back and see how many are happening, it kind of looks like the MAC is being treated as a minor league for other conferences. I don't see the overall effect healthy, even if the individual transfer situations are good. I don't see the whole being greater than the sum of the parts, so to speak.

=D>

Holes in the portal: For players, the Transfer Portal isn’t all it’s cracked up to be:

http://footballscoop.com/news/players-t ... t-cracked/
Antimob
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am

Self serving ruling class nonsense...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Previous

Return to Football