The stadium has never looked better

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

The stadium has never looked better

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:21 pm

I was back on campus and in and around the stadium this past weekend. The changes and updates aren't always significant in most years, but I must say, the stadium has never looked better IMO. I just loaded a video and tossed in a couple campus images at the beginning. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukj3thPEcK0
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: The stadium has never looked better

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 am

BGSU33 wrote:I was back on campus and in and around the stadium this past weekend. The changes and updates aren't always significant in most years, but I must say, the stadium has never looked better IMO. I just loaded a video and tossed in a couple campus images at the beginning. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukj3thPEcK0

Some fresh paint goes a long way. They need to either paint those bleacher seat backs or remove them, they're an eye sore as weathering has turned them pink.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:19 am

jpfalcon09 wrote:
Some fresh paint goes a long way. They need to either paint those bleacher seat backs or remove them, they're an eye sore as weathering has turned them pink.

The steps, too. The team photos look a bit strange with all that pink in them.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:06 am

Nice video! Well done.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Egg
Egg

Postby Antimob » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Take down the Kingston era blight that is the "Talons Up" banner and replace it with Ay Ziggy Zoomba!
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Beaker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:37 am

Antimob wrote:Take down the Kingston era blight that is the "Talons Up" banner and replace it with Ay Ziggy Zoomba!

Absolutely!

Thanks for posting, 33. Good way to start some juices flowing for the season.
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Beaker wrote:
Antimob wrote:Take down the Kingston era blight that is the "Talons Up" banner and replace it with Ay Ziggy Zoomba!

Absolutely!

TOTALLY agree. The Doyt has never looked better in all the years (since 1983) i've been going to games. Def get rid of those pink chairbacks...what an eyesore. The newer fence around the perimeter is perfect. It really looks great...now we need to win again and fill the seats.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Falconfreak90 wrote:The newer fence around the perimeter is perfect.

Yes. Yes, it is.
Schadenfreude

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Falconfreak90 wrote:
Beaker wrote:

Absolutely!

TOTALLY agree. The Doyt has never looked better in all the years (since 1983) i've been going to games. Def get rid of those pink chairbacks...what an eyesore. The newer fence around the perimeter is perfect. It really looks great...now we need to win again and fill the seats.

I spoke to Moose about this prior to the scrimmage. He said they're looking to put some sort of covering on the chairbacks after this season is over. Painting I guess is out of the question due to cost and the concern of getting paint on the bleachers.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 pm

Not only are the “pink” seats ugly, I think they are also uncomfortable, especially in comparison to the new chair seats.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am

jpfalcon09 wrote:I spoke to Moose about this prior to the scrimmage. He said they're looking to put some sort of covering on the chairbacks after this season is over. Painting I guess is out of the question due to cost and the concern of getting paint on the bleachers.

A covering, but not paint?

Huh.
Schadenfreude

Postby hammb » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 pm

What is the problem with just removing the stupid things and going back to the benches they had before? I had season tickets when they put those things in and had to move because they jacked up the price as a "chairback reserve" and they were the most uncomfortable god awful seats I've ever seen. And now they're also fugly.

Why not ditch the crappy chairbacks, call those sections something like, "Premium reserve" (so they can justify the same pricing), and go forward? I cannot believe there are more than a handful of people that actually prefer those ugly uncomfortable things over just having a bench. A bench with a back would be preferable if they wanted to invest some cash (or REAL chairs, but they'd likely lose capacity).
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:22 pm

hammb wrote: Why not ditch the crappy chairbacks, call those sections something like, "Premium reserve" (so they can justify the same pricing), and go forward? I cannot believe there are more than a handful of people that actually prefer those ugly uncomfortable things over just having a bench. A bench with a back would be preferable if they wanted to invest some cash (or REAL chairs, but they'd likely lose capacity).

Yeah, I think they should ditch those, too. Dream scenario for me in this stadium would be to put in chairs in all sections that aren't the student section. It would lower capacity a bit, but open up the opportunity to put some GA bleachers on the south end to make up for that, and it would make it look a lot better. They are slowly expanding chairs in the Wake Forest football stadium and it makes it look a ton better with each section they add. Would also allow the grandstand sides to fill up a lot faster, and probably get more people to return to games since the game watching experience would be more comfortable. I'm in my early 30s and my back can't handle a bleacher seat now, so I always seek out chairback seats when I go to any sporting event.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm

The chairs looked awesome when they were first installed. I seem to remember it only took a year or two for the awesome orange chairs to transition to unsightly pink chairs.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

MarkL wrote:The chairs looked awesome when they were first installed. I seem to remember it only took a year or two for the awesome orange chairs to transition to unsightly pink chairs.

Someone dropped the ball when looking into them to be sure the paint was anti-weathering.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football