Transfer Watch

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Transfer Watch

Postby Falconwriter » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 am

BGSU33 wrote:Yet another blow. Each and every guy we continue to lose further sets us back more in numbers because we can't recover in just one or two recruiting classes. I'm not surprised by the move, but it's still disappointing. If McDonald does indeed start we're back to ZERO experience behind him, and McDonald has very little himself, which is even more disappointing that he didn't get the waiver because he could have logged a season of playing time. Now he'll be getting his feet wet next season instead. Loy also could have been used to mix things up if needed. BG has suffered a lot of blows with transfers, but nothing like it has at QB. Morgan is and has been the starter at FIU, Doege has been starting (while still redshirting) at WVU, and Veasley left for Duquesne. Now our returning starter QB in Loy is going to be gone too. I can't say I have ever seen anything like this at the QB position at BG in all the 25 years I've been following the program.

I don't see Loy's leaving as a big deal, because in all probability, he was going to be sitting behind McDonald next year, anyway. There is also a good chance one of the incoming freshmen might beat him out on the depth chart. Loy is a fiery guy who will forever be immortalized in Falcon lore for what he did in the rivalry game...and he'll also be a BG graduate -- so definitely, Forever a Falcon. Thanks, Grant and good luck to you.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I agree with Falconwriter. This is understandable. We're going to be fine.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby MarkL » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Three things ...
1. One of the coolest sights I've ever seen in a football game was after the UT game. As the teams met midfield, Jason Candle went up to meet Grant Loy, both all smiles. As a football coach to a football player, even of your top rival, Candle was proud of what Loy accomplished. First career start for a walk-on with a huge heart against the top rival as a four TD underdog and Loy led the improbable and historical upset.
2. We will be fine. QB depth and talent may actually be better next year. I've always said Wade has a higher ceiling than Loy but Loy maximized his talents more this year. From watching a bit of McDonald, Melton, and Keller, I think all have higher ceilings. We will be fine. 2020 will still be a rough year with growing pains that will pay off in 2021 and beyond.
3. If Grant Loy's character and work ethic as we've seen this year is indicative of his future, he is going to experience great successes on and off the field wherever life takes him. I wish him all the best.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Commander » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am

Jordan Wayne Prather - WR - looking for an Agent and trying the NFL.
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:43 am

Falcon Commander wrote:Jordan Wayne Prather - WR - looking for an Agent and trying the NFL.

Thought he was a Senior so don't understand the announcement
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:28 am

I'm pretty sure he is.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine