NIU = BCS

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

NIU = BCS

Postby Falco_peregrinusana » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:30 pm

All you junkies... What has to happen for NIU to go to a BCS game and pretty much assure that BG goes to a bowl???
Falco_peregrinusana
Egg
Egg

Re: NIU = BCS

Postby MarkL » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:21 pm

13-0 NIU probably goes to the BCS. If we win the east we are bowling. In my world NIU gets to 12-0 but BG shocks them in the MAC title. In no scenario would I sacrifice a BG MAC title for a different MAC team in the BCS. Never.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 am

NIU need to win out and hope that 1) Fresno loses at some point or 2) Enough other teams lose that both they and Fresno make it to the top 12. I don't believe if NIU goes undefeated that they'll make the BCS, they will need help in some capacity.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 am

Not sure about this, with all the screwy rules that are the BCS...but I think the key to this might also be C. Fla....who is the currently highest ranked team in their div. IF either Fresno or NIU gets ahead of them in the "final" standings, one OR both could conceiveably make a BCS bowl..

As I said I'm not sure, but I think that's how NIU got in last year, despite the bitching and moaning from Herbstreidt and co. ](*,)
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby WhoDeyBG » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 am

jpfalcon09 wrote:NIU need to win out and hope that 1) Fresno loses at some point or 2) Enough other teams lose that both they and Fresno make it to the top 12. I don't believe if NIU goes undefeated that they'll make the BCS, they will need help in some capacity.

Only one non-AQ team can make BCS, so if Fresno finishes #11 and NIU #12, then only Fresno goes. So NIU needs Fresno to lose as stated or hope they can leap frog them since their schedule is backloaded.
WhoDeyBG
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:14 am

WhoDeyBG wrote:
jpfalcon09 wrote:NIU need to win out and hope that 1) Fresno loses at some point or 2) Enough other teams lose that both they and Fresno make it to the top 12. I don't believe if NIU goes undefeated that they'll make the BCS, they will need help in some capacity.

Only one non-AQ team can make BCS, so if Fresno finishes #11 and NIU #12, then only Fresno goes. So NIU needs Fresno to lose as stated or hope they can leap frog them since their schedule is backloaded.

2 got in back in 2009. It can happen.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby zete » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 am

NIU will be tied to the whipping post if they appear in BCS. The teams of the MAC have come along way since back when, but still lack the size, speed/quickness, fan base, and coaching to really play toe to toe with top ten teams.
I saw the Falcons play at University Field! Why did they ever leave campus!
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 am

WhoDeyBG wrote:

Only one non-AQ team is guarnateed to make the BCS if it
a.) Finishes in the top 12, or
b.) Finishes in the top 16 and ahead of an AQ conference champion.

Back in 2009 one of Boise or TCU got the automatic bid and the other got an at-large bid. Unfortunately for this year, probably only one non-AQ team will get in because Fresno and NIU are not ranked high enough to garner an at-large bid.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falco_peregrinusana » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks...
Falco_peregrinusana
Egg
Egg

Postby MajorFalcon92 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am

zete wrote:NIU will be tied to the whipping post if they appear in BCS. The teams of the MAC have come along way since back when, but still lack the size, speed/quickness, fan base, and coaching to really play toe to toe with top ten teams.

NIU will get beat because they lack a fan base?
MajorFalcon92
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby zete » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:17 am

NIU will get beat because they lack a fan base?

No, not them.
The 12 man is not too evident in most MAC stadiums. Take a look at the bleachers during one of these weeknight games.
I saw the Falcons play at University Field! Why did they ever leave campus!
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Dayons_Den » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:06 pm

NIU repped fairly well last year in the BCS Orange Bowl vs Florida State. Certainly as well on the field as could be expected and in the stands as good as some of the former Big East schools in BCS games.
all bowling green
Dayons_Den
aka Joe Bair's Lair
aka Joe Bair's Lair

Postby WhoDeyBG » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:59 pm

MarkL wrote:
WhoDeyBG wrote:

2 got in back in 2009. It can happen.

Yes, but Boise was selected as an at-large at #6. Neither of these teams is being picked as an at-large.
WhoDeyBG
Chick
Chick

Postby mscarn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 am

BG beats Buffalo and beats NIU in the MACC. They watch the BCS games from their dorm rooms as their coach polishes his "Luckiest Coach in College Football History" medal on his way to the press conference for his next job.
mscarn
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby kdog27 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't get the hate for NIU. Is it jealousy? They have been the class of the conference for several years now and they have done it the right way. Don't get me wrong I want to kick their ass.
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football
-->