3606

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 3606

Postby factman » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:44 am

Still looking for “waterboy”! :butthead:
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 4248
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:53 pm
Location: Bowling Green

Re: 3606

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Where is Uoftoledofans at? Sure had a big mouth.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 3606

Postby RangerRocket » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Flipper wrote:It was Christmas morning and we actually got a BB gun!!


LOL, good one!!!
RangerRocket
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: 3606

Postby falconfan1999 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:42 am

Man was i wrong about this game! But I’m very happy i was! Great win Falcons!
"It's not fast food, it's good food quickly!"
falconfan1999
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:39 pm
Location: Huron,OH

Re: 3606

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I honestly don't think Candle is that good of a HC....he was totally out coached by a first year HC. We wanted it more....simple. Coach put so much emphasis on this game from Day 1...as it should be. We punched ut in the mouth on the very first play and they seemed timid the whole game.

I thought about that damn streak every day...every single effin day. Now it's time to start our own streak.

ROLL ALONG!!!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
User avatar
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon
 
Posts: 17778
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 am
Location: Green, OH

Re: 3606

Postby zete » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:29 pm

They could do better for the money they give him.......but they did beat BYU in front of their own faithful.
SAme old Same old
User avatar
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: 3606

Postby Antimob » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:32 pm

I won't report 10 paragraphs but I don't think anything in my original response questioning why Toledo had (past tense :-D ) won is incorrect.

1) Does the University of Toledo not have an open admission policy and does this policy not make it easier to bring students of all stripes (not just athletes) to campus when the only restriction is the presence or absence of a diploma?

2) Is there not a difference between playing one P5 team and multiple (in many cases 3) P5 teams out of conference? And when that single game is played does it not matter if it's a mid-level P5 or a consistent traditional power like Notre Dame?

3) Has Jason Candle not been on the UT staff since 2009, and has that coaching stability and consistency not given them an advantage over us when we've had 7 head coaches since 2013?

4) Did Kingston's hires (Babers/Jinks) not hemorrhage massive amounts of players resulting in holes and a lack of depth that we're only beginning to dig ourselves out of? Unlike the first three this is something we can control and hopefully do a better job of.

Loeffler. Loy. Lautanen. Legends.
Antimob
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am

Re: 3606

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Critical Thinker wrote:The quality of rivalry week would be much, much improved for next year with wittier trolling.


Did you forget what school these Rockettes attend? :-D
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
User avatar
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Columbus

Re: 3606

Postby Redwingtom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Antimob wrote:I won't report 10 paragraphs but I don't think anything in my original response questioning why Toledo had (past tense :-D ) won is incorrect.

1) Does the University of Toledo not have an open admission policy and does this policy not make it easier to bring students of all stripes (not just athletes) to campus when the only restriction is the presence or absence of a diploma?


Yes, I do believe they have open enrollment, but I do not believe that applies to athletes. They go through some type of clearing house I believe, and if they clear, they can play anywhere. So no, football players at Toledo aren't magically there because they can't get into other schools.
Redwingtom
User avatar
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5137
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: 3606

Postby Antimob » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Redwingtom wrote: Yes, I do believe they have open enrollment, but I do not believe that applies to athletes. They go through some type of clearing house I believe, and if they clear, they can play anywhere. So no, football players at Toledo aren't magically there because they can't get into other schools.


But the individual university has discretion to accept/reject based on its own standards. Northwestern, Stanford and Duke exclude the largest percentage at the FBS level based on the selectivity of their admissions process. An open enrollment institution by definition has zero restrictions.
Antimob
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am

Re: 3606

Postby TommyG » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Antimob wrote:
Redwingtom wrote: Yes, I do believe they have open enrollment, but I do not believe that applies to athletes. They go through some type of clearing house I believe, and if they clear, they can play anywhere. So no, football players at Toledo aren't magically there because they can't get into other schools.


But the individual university has discretion to accept/reject based on its own standards. Northwestern, Stanford and Duke exclude the largest percentage at the FBS level based on the selectivity of their admissions process. An open enrollment institution by definition has zero restrictions.


Your point was that they had some type of admissions advantage over BGSU that was helping their football program. In almost every single case, if an athlete can get in UT, he can get into BGSU. The NCAA requirements are stricter than general admissions at either school.
Toledo does have some advantages in the ability to recruit parts of Michigan and those kids don’t pay out of state tuition. That is more of a factor in sports that give out partial scholarships.
Yes Stanford, ND, Northwestern, Vandy, and the military schools all have stricter admissions standards that make it more difficult to recruit in all sports. That had nothing to do with your original point. BG and UT can recruit and sign kids with the same academic background. Neither has an advantage in Full Scholarship sports.
TommyG
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am

Previous

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron