Past transfer players?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Past transfer players?

Postby hiway44 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:10 pm

So from the above list. Is it fair to say that James Morgan was the only player to leave the program with any real value. No other player from the list of past 4 recruiting years is playing at the D1 level with any consistency.? That means we have 4 years of makeup players. Only way to get better is to use the transfer portal.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby Tony4BG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Cam Jefferies at Cincy
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby hiway44 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm

I read j Wyatt and Can Jeffrey went to New Mexico together and were roommates. Off of some Twitter sites. Not sure so I won't start rumors.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 pm

If Morgan were still around he certainly would be the starter and I believe the offense would be far better for it. However I'm glad for his sake he left when he did. He found better play time, better compatibility with coaches, and a law school.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Tswam » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm

hiway44 wrote:I read j Wyatt and Can Jeffrey went to New Mexico together and were roommates. Off of some Twitter sites. Not sure so I won't start rumors.

Cam Jefferies followed former BG assistant coach Mike Mickens to UC.
Tswam
Chick
Chick

Postby hiway44 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Morgan and Jefferies both left after graduating from BGSU and are now Alums. They earned my respect by leaving only after taking advantage of graduating early. I guess you're correct and wish both Alums well . There was also a young man who went to Alabama to finish his college career. Excluding these two young men, I don’t see any of the others making much noise on the gridiron. I would think that we got rid of all Jinks let over and should be looking at the Portal before the JC route. I don’t want to wait 4 years. It’s hard to recruit when you’re ranked 130th.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby FalconTurf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Basing my opinion on the number of players BG has sent to the portal to find limited opportunity I question what is available for a program at or near the bottom of D1A. It seems to me the locker too will fill up with recruits who didn’t pan out. Seems JUCO and slow developing HS recruits may get the program back to top more efficiently
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Being able to take only 25 guys a season hurting a lot of schools not just BG.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby hiway44 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm

I agree, but if your already at the bottom 130 rank who is going to come to BGSU? 1 or 2 star guys thats it. Indiana took 9 players from the portal and look at what they are doing? Winning! What I'm saying you have to use the portal to BGSU advantage and maybe change the way we recuit HS players. I listened to Luke Fickell and he stated that 80 % of his players are from a 300 mile radius of his univ.. It''s working for Cincy, why not here. Most of the players we have that are long distance don't stay at BGSU.

I would use the portal and get local kids who will stay for the 4 years. Nobody is going to stay 4 years on a losing team. The NCAA has made it easy for the student to leave and go elsewhere. 4 games. Look at Houston QB King and WR. Both are leaving for no reason to go play at Oklahoma. Don't tell me it's about BGSU education, because its not.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:16 am

Loeffler has stated that recruiting local is key and his first class shows that. Jinks however was incapable of recruiting locally. His final recruiting class had I think only 8 Ohio kids. He was unable to connect with local high school coaches. Loeffler received over 300 personal calls from local coaches congratulating him and also saying please recruit my players. We've talked this topic many times around here about the merits of local recruiting against talented players who have positively impacted the program from Florida and the likes.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby falconfan1999 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:46 am

The young man who transferred to Alabama was Gehrig Dieter, who had a really nice run here!
"It's not fast food, it's good food quickly!"
falconfan1999
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:51 am

Wow, did not realize BG is down to 3 QBs on roster.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Tony4BG wrote:Wow, did not realize BG is down to 3 QBs on roster.

We have three? Who is the third?
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Falconfreak90 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:22 pm

MarkL wrote:Loeffler has stated that recruiting local is key and his first class shows that. Jinks however was incapable of recruiting locally. His final recruiting class had I think only 8 Ohio kids. He was unable to connect with local high school coaches. Loeffler received over 300 personal calls from local coaches congratulating him and also saying please recruit my players. We've talked this topic many times around here about the merits of local recruiting against talented players who have positively impacted the program from Florida and the likes.

Yeah, Coach Loeffler will be getting a LOT of Ohio players...hope to see a ton from the Cleve/Akron/Canton/Ytown area.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

PreviousNext

Return to Football