CMU

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: CMU

Postby Falconwriter » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 am

Calling New Washington "tiny" doesn't do it justice. It is as small of a small town as you'll ever find. Probably 3/4 of the town are related in some fashion. Oh, and the nickname is Dutchtown. For those unfamiliar with that part of north central Ohio, New Washington is in the northern part of Crawford County (Bucyrus is the county seat). It also happens to be the county I'm from (I live in Columbus now), so I was already familiar with Loy and his career at Buckeye Central.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rollo83 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm

zete wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:
zete wrote:Ok Ok sorry i touched on a raw nerve. I thought a post such as yours would appear. You must be on the inside seeing many of the tangibles leading to results. I am hoping it continues ....How do they eat lunch anyway?

The attention to detail includes weighing in each week, to make sure kids are eating properly. Emphasis on training, nutrition, water, sleep.... being commited to everything... so, lunch tray will not have shi€ on it. Many of these kids stayed up all night and ate garbage... ALL in at every is what is is demanded. It’s Tom Brady training vs. Johnny Manziel, if that helps.

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/9c/o/2016/ ... 0f2_md.jpg

So why didn't all that help us at Kent State? The point is that this team was headed to a bottom of the MAC finish until they surprisingly defeated their arch rival last weekend. It was a emotional, great, long over due victory for BG in that rivalry. It was a great step in the right direction for the program and this coaching staff.

Now if we come out and crap down our leg the rest of this season against our remaining MAC opponents. I'll still have questions about this coaching staff. I think you have to give a coach at least 3 years to implement his system with his players. I am anxious to see if this will be a catapult moment for this program and this coaching staff, or will it be a lightning-in-a-bottle flash.

I do feel more optimistic today than I felt a week ago.

Roll Along!
"Windows are for cheaters, chimneys for the poor.
Closets are for hangers, winners use the door."

-B. Springsteen
Rollo83
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Rollo83 wrote:
zete wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:
zete wrote:Ok Ok sorry i touched on a raw nerve. I thought a post such as yours would appear. You must be on the inside seeing many of the tangibles leading to results. I am hoping it continues ....How do they eat lunch anyway?

The attention to detail includes weighing in each week, to make sure kids are eating properly. Emphasis on training, nutrition, water, sleep.... being commited to everything... so, lunch tray will not have shi€ on it. Many of these kids stayed up all night and ate garbage... ALL in at every is what is is demanded. It’s Tom Brady training vs. Johnny Manziel, if that helps.

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/9c/o/2016/ ... 0f2_md.jpg

So why didn't all that help us at Kent State? The point is that this team was headed to a bottom of the MAC finish until they surprisingly defeated their arch rival last weekend. It was a emotional, great, long over due victory for BG in that rivalry. It was a great step in the right direction for the program and this coaching staff.

Now if we come out and crap down our leg the rest of this season against our remaining MAC opponents. I'll still have questions about this coaching staff. I think you have to give a coach at least 3 years to implement his system with his players. I am anxious to see if this will be a catapult moment for this program and this coaching staff, or will it be a lightning-in-a-bottle flash.

I do feel more optimistic today than I felt a week ago.

Roll Along!

You contradict yourself in this post. You'll have questions about the coaching staff, while allowing them three years to get their players in? This coaching staff walked into a disaster. 67 scholarship players, 18 less than the max of 85. Incumbent starting QB bolted after spring ball. Transfer QB who won the job out of camp had his waiver denied. Lack of skill at playmaking positions. The list goes on and on. This staff should and will be afforded every opportunity to get this on the right path.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:45 pm

You’re allowed to question the staff after getting blown out 4 straight weeks.
It is understandable to lose if the situation is truly as bad as the sports info department and coaching staff put out on weekly basis. I don’t doubt we’re short handed on talent and depth, but we should still be competitive especially in conference play. If the team backs up last week with another competitive performance, it’ll be a good sign. If CMU rolls in a thumps us, I’ll continue to be a little skeptical.
TommyG
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Rollo83 wrote:Now if we come out and crap down our leg the rest of this season against our remaining MAC opponents. I'll still have questions about this coaching staff.

I said it someplace else, for a team like BG that has not experienced much success, the highs are relatively higher so the coaching staff has their hands full not allowing the team to experience a letdown. Loeffler in the post game conference was all about focusing like this from now on as opposed to celebrating the win, so he knows what challenge lies ahead.

My personal thought is that no matter how hard the coaches worked this week, this is still a young team that has not experienced exuberance. I am not expecting another top level effort this week. I expect we will see some other great efforts yet this season but not this one, which I think will be a learning experience. Just my uneducated guess and I hope I'm wrong.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:20 am

As we get into the second half of the season, the coaches can now start playing some freshmen here and there without burning the redshirt. I think that could be very helpful on a thin team like ours.

Unless Loy completely bombs today...I'll be shocked to see anything of Wade outside of mop up duty. It's Loy's team now
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:04 pm

CMU has the #1 rush defense in the MAC.

We'll see if we can move the ball today. Hoping for the best.

Go Falcons!
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 pm

To open the game, Central Michigan marches 75 yards in 3:07 and goes up 7-0. Defense seemed out of sorts there.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Clair did not start, and RB Davon Jones just got injured at midfield - carted off. Feel awful for the kid, hope he's okay.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:27 pm

DE Karl Brooks in now inured. I didn't see what happened.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:41 pm

We're forcing plenty of third downs, but we aren't winning those downs like we were last week.

Of course, I said this before a crazy stand happened.

CMU had 2nd and goal from the 2 and could not score. On 4th down, they went for it. Kholbe Coleman forced a fumble and Caleb Biggers returned it 100 yards for a touchdown.

Tie game, 7-7.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Beaker » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Wow, what a huge break on the fumble. Should be 14-0 and instead we get a reprieve and get to start over all square. Hopefully, that will wake us up. This team today doesn't resemble the one from last week, so far.
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:44 pm

That was an amazing play.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Jordan Anderson is a heck of a player, and he's only a freshman. He'll be a huge piece at safety for years to come.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:55 pm

No real pass rush so far today. Need them to pick it up.

We also just aren't tackling, for some reason. Trying to push guys over instead of wrapping up.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football