Predictions!

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: Predictions!

Postby BG84 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:00 pm

BGFan wrote:IMO, Friedman, while a great skater, was not as big of an asset on the ice as most people think.
Yeah, I was a lot happier with Walker than Friedman last season.
BG84
Chick
Chick

Postby apollo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:14 pm

BG will be around .500 in a terrible league. Lose in the semifinals of the WCHA tournament and will sign Bergeron to a 20 year extension.
apollo
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 pm

OK, I'll bite.

apollo wrote:BG will be around .500 in a terrible league.

Agree on the terrible league part. Nothing more than idiot trolling on the .500 record comment. But that's your MO.

apollo wrote:Lose in the semifinals of the WCHA tournament.

Distinct possibility. I think the semis will find us playing in either Mankato or Houghton. It'll be tough.

apollo wrote:Sign Bergeron to a 20 year extension.

I'd offer him 25 and negotiate down to 20.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 am

I'll go all in and pick series, because I'm that excited for the season.

Loss with Western Michigan (A)
Split with Michigan State (H-A)
Split with Minnesota State (H)
Sweep Alaska (H)
Swept by Tech (A)
Sweep LSSU (H)
Split with Minnesota State (A)
Sweep Miami (H)
Split with Bemidji State (H)
Sweep UAH (H)
Win with Western Michigan (H)
Loss in GLI 1st round, Win in consolation (N)
Split with Ferris State (A)
Sweep Northern Michigan (A)
Sweep Alaska Anchorage (H)
Split with LSSU (A)
Split with Tech (H)
Split with Alaska Anchorage (A)
Sweep UAH (A)

If this is the case....
Our final record would be 24-12, including a home record of 15-3, which would be great, but also isn't completely realistic. I know there will likely be a few draws in here so this is far from 100% accurate, but this is my gut feeling without having seen this team play yet, about 2 weeks from the first exhibition.

I'm hoping we find a way to get home ice at least through the semifinals. I think our guys will be much better at home this year than they were last year.

I just hope this team knows how to finish games. If they figure that, I think we could be scary.

Go BG! 13 days until the first exhibition!
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Egg
Egg

Postby threestooges » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm

apollo wrote:BG will be around .500 in a terrible league. Lose in the semifinals of the WCHA tournament and will sign Bergeron to a 20 year extension.

Works for me, hoss.

Hopefully BGSU will be over .500 in the league.
Hopefully BGSU will advance past the semifinals of the WCHA Tournament.
Bergeron is a tremendous coach and an even better person. I don't know how long his contract runs, but I say sign him to a 20-year extension NOW.

I don't know the reason for your amazingly consistent negativity, but Berge is a great coach and a great person, and his team was one goal away from the NCAA Tournament last year. It hasn't been a meteoric rise, but he's improved the program each year since he got here. If I had a son who played hockey, I would be thrilled for him to come to BGSU and play for Coach Bergeron and his staff. I'm sure you'll tell me why everything I just said is 100% wrong, so I'll hang up now & listen.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby apollo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 am

Calm down big guy. I was just stopping in to say hi to all the hockey fans and give my prediction. I'm sure Bergeron is a great guy. I just have never seen a guy sign 10 extensions in 8 years.
apollo
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jbakerifm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

Reminded today why I always need to log in before reading here. Here's another prediction, reading these discussions will once again be much more pleasant while using the block list.
jbakerifm
Egg
Egg

Postby Hockey John » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am

[quote][/quote]

I agree :D
Hockey John
Egg
Egg

Postby BGDrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:32 pm

I’ve posted my media poll ballot over on the site. http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2017/09/wcha- ... ews-picks/
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 pm

apollo wrote:Calm down big guy. I was just stopping in to say hi to all the hockey fans and give my prediction. I'm sure Bergeron is a great guy. I just have never seen a guy sign 10 extensions in 8 years.

None of us have seen that, because it hasn't happened. But, Berge is (IMHO) (but isn't everything on this board SOMEONE'S HO, so I probably didn't need to specify that it's MHO, but I guess it's too late now) -- where was I? Oh yeah...

But, Berge is (IMHO) one of the top two head coaches in the BGSU athletic dept. -- it's Berge and Eric Nichols in some order -- so if Moose wants to meet with Berge once a week, give him a contract extension and sing a few choruses of "The Good Old Hockey Game" I'm 100% OK with that.

Live look at Berge's office (Moose invited Ty and Barry in for the meeting, too)-------> :rock: :partyman: :supz:

As for my prediction. There will be ties. I can't say how many wins or losses BGSU will have, but the number in the "ties" column will not be zero.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 pm

jbakerifm wrote:Reminded today why I always need to log in before reading here. Here's another prediction, reading these discussions will once again be much more pleasant while using the block list.

It gets kinda boring when everybody says the same thing over and over.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Hockey