Goalie signing

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Goalie signing

Postby bgbill » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Tomas Sholl Commits to Bowling Green State University
By KSEE Sports
April 26, 2012
Fresno Monsters – The North American Hockey League Fresno Monsters’ goaltender Tomas Sholl announced today that he has committed to Bowling Green of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association. Sholl, a 17-year-old from Hermosa Beach, California, posted a record of 20-14-6 with 2 shutouts in his 2011-2012 rookie season. He finished the season with a goals against average of 2.38 and a .920 save percentage for the Monsters. Sholl also participated in the NAHL Top Prospects Tournament in Troy, Michigan.
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Goalie signing

Postby rood » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:11 am

Any idea when he'll be here? At 6', 160 lbs. he probably needs to bulk up before he's ready for DI hockey.

Interesting side note: He plays on the same team as Kyle Sucher.
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon1970 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

He needs some work, I am a bit surprised as there are seemingly better 94's available. The staff clearly sees more in him than most. I wont hide it, I am not currently excited about this selection and hope they win me over. Do not worry about his size he is fine, he is also only 17. The reality is he may be likely for 2012 and we will be seeing the departure of one of the existing. Should we not see one dismissed then 2013 and he spends a year maturing in the USHL, arriving in 2013.
Falcon1970
Egg
Egg

Postby bgbill » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 pm

All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGDrew » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 pm

bgbill beat me to it. He's tentatively scheduled to be here for the 2013-2014 season.
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby sbkbghockey » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Falcon1970 wrote:He needs some work, I am a bit surprised as there are seemingly better 94's available. The staff clearly sees more in him than most. I wont hide it, I am not currently excited about this selection and hope they win me over. Do not worry about his size he is fine, he is also only 17. The reality is he may be likely for 2012 and we will be seeing the departure of one of the existing. Should we not see one dismissed then 2013 and he spends a year maturing in the USHL, arriving in 2013.

I'm not too worried about his size either. 6' and up is good height, a bit light at 160 but he's only 17. Also he's from SoCal, I've played against and seen a number of SoCal goalies, they tend to have a lot of roller hockey experience that helps agility and speed, so hopefully that's true with Sholl and he's lighter weight but fast. I haven't seen him play and also can't find highlights of him, hopefully I'll be able to check out a game vs. Fresno or if he moves to the USHL a game there and get a better idea about his style of play.
sbkbghockey
Chick
Chick

Return to Hockey
-->