BG vs Western

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Re: BG vs Western

Postby Flipper » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 pm

It's a discussion board...the team sucks and it has sucked for three straight years. What do you want people to do....sit around and say "shucks, lost another"? The only topic of discussion possible right now centers on some derivation of "oh no..we suck again"
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby It's the Journey... » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 pm

I totally understand that Flipper. I'm not happy with this season or the last few. We should be better. But I think part of the discussion needs to be what precedent will be set if a donor steps up and provides the money to buy out her contract. Now who is calling the shots, donors with cash or the AD? But I also want to be able to attract the best coaches possible and knowing who has final say on your job should be a deal maker or breaker. If the department wants to start a fund for buy outs that people can donate to without tying the funds to any specific coach, then fine. It can be kept at a certain level and be used if and when the AD deems is necessary. But short of that, you are staring down a very slippery slope.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Often times in these situations, the AD will ask certain donors to "contribute to the cause" which is completely different from a "donor" initially offering money to get rid of a coach. No different from trying to get facilities built, but a little more subtle!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:14 pm

That I don't have a problem with because the AD is in complete control of the process the whole time.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm

elmrfudd wrote:The best part of the whole evening for the fans was seeing Lindsey Goldsberry again on "Bobblehead Night", in her honor, watching the videos, and hearing her speak at halftime. She was an elite player, who played with everything within her, every minute she was on the floor.

Goldsberry is my favorite former Falcon. As you stated, she always gave it her all. She was always responsible for guarding the opponents #1 player. Put the team before individual accolades.

I still remember her taking a shot, heading back to play defense and she's crossed midcourt. All of a sudden the ball is loose back in the front court and somehow there were three opposing players and Goldsberry on the floor fighting for the ball. She was back over the line so fast....

She earned last night. Glad to see the appreciation shown by the fans.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Women's Hoops