Women tip off the season tomorrow night...

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Women tip off the season tomorrow night...

Postby Falconfreak90 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Also home opener against CSU. GO FALCONS!!!!!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Re: Women tip off the season tomorrow night...

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 pm

89-62 win.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby elmrfudd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 am

I was very pleasantly surprised by what I saw tonight! Before the game, my prediction for starting lineup, without Andrea Cecil playing, was Hempfling, Parker, Hill, Thompson, and Perry. Although I didn’t predict Uecker being a starter, Perry’s contribution off the bench was immense! Cleveland State, I feel, is a very good, competitive team, and even with the slow start, we won by 27. Speed and defense was much improved over the last five seasons, and I feel this team is going to get better as we go, especially once we get Cecil back on the court. Keep up the great work, Falcons, and good luck this Saturday!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Postby drumstix2388 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am

I was also encouraged by what I saw last night. They looked a bit rusty in the beginning, but since they didn't play an exhibition, that was expected. A big thing last year was the fall off towards the end of games, but last night they seemed to dial in even more in the last quarter. This shows that the conditioning is a lot better, which should fit well with Coach Fralick's system. I don't think we're back to the glory days, by any means, but the team should show some improvement in a really deep MAC.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby elmrfudd » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Well, the Falcons played two totally different halves today in their win over Morehead St. They looked great the first half, and after building a 30+-point lead, allowed the wheels to come off in the second half to allow Morehead St. back within twelve points. Offense, defense, intensity, and focus went out the window. I’m very happy they won, but they once again showed signs of the last five seasons. We need to get our focus and intensity back before the next game. I understand we have a very young team, with players who are very talented and show lots of promise, but we need to get back to fundamentals and execution. Vocal leadership was also missing. Nevertheless, great win, as we’re now 2-0. Keep working hard, Falcons! Talons up!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Postby factman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 pm

In their defense, many of the key players did not get a lot of minutes in the 2nd half.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm

This team is more talented than last year and certainly the year before. I really like that new PG from the JUCO's Mari Hill. That's a very quick, tenacious and SMART basketball player. Reminds me of Kate Achter in that regard...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Something else to consider with this second win: Morehead State is no slouch of a program. They win a lot of games down there and are consistently at the top of the OVC. Considering how much of a blowout this was (fourth quarter aside), I think we're looking at a team that is going to win a lot more games than the previous 4-5 seasons.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops