BG vs Coastal Carolina

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

BG vs Coastal Carolina

Postby elmrfudd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, the Falcons dropped a heartbreaker to Coastal Carolina, 81-80, on two made free throws with 5.9 seconds to go in the game. That was the only time during the entire game that BGSU trailed. A missed wide-open three at the buzzer by Syd Lambert sealed our fate. Four of our players fouled out, but it wasn’t because of lopsided officiating. Our bigs still are ineffective at defending the paint without fouling. Hempfling, Glowniak, Cecil, and Perry all had to take a seat. We had a couple of scoring droughts in the second half that kept CCU in the game, and an opportunity to win. We are definitely much improved since last season, and as Coach Fralick said, there is still a lot that we have to get better at. From what I saw, that is very true. Our defense has improved, but no where near where it needs to be. CCU was a very scrappy and aggressive team, and they played better down the stretch, as they clawed back in, and we couldn’t hold on and seal the deal. Nevertheless, there are things that Coach Fralich, the staff, and the players will learn from this game. I believe we will continue to improve, but there will be some growing pains to endure in the process. It was a tough knock, but they will bounce back! Good luck, Falcons, against Mercer on Sunday!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Re: BG vs Coastal Carolina

Postby Hockey John » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Elmer, do you ever comment when BG wins? They are 5 games into the season. Of course they have things to improve on. And it is my opinion the the officials did have impact on the game.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby elmrfudd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 am

Hockey John, yes I will comment on whether we win or lose, providing I’ve had opportunity to watch the game and time in my schedule to visit this blog, which I did see the game with CCU. And yes, we will all have our opinions on the impact of officiating. I’m simply sharing my analysis of the game, and anyone here certainly has the right to agree or disagree. I will give praise where praise is due, and I will point out things that I believe we could have done better. As you know by now, I don’t sugarcoat what I see, neither do I bash our players or coaching staff with personal attacks. My comments are strictly based upon performance. So Hockey John, you’ll get my opinions straight up, and no one here has to read them, let alone like them or agree with them. We can all simply agree to disagree, as long as we do so respectfully. Have a great weekend, HJ!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Postby Hockey John » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:05 pm

That is fine. Our opinions on the officials are different as I watched the game in person. I just would like to see you post once in awhile after a victory rather than most of time after a loss. Go BG! Have a good weekend.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Return to Women's Hoops