BG drops MAC opener...

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

BG drops MAC opener...

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm

Tough loss at the Stroh to WMU, 84-82. BG now 7-5, 0-1 MAC. But, the last few years we were losing to WMU by 30-40 pts. Keep working hard and improving!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Re: BG drops MAC opener...

Postby elmrfudd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Tough loss, the first at the Stroh this season. We are definitely a better team than in the previous four years, and the coaching is a huge part of that. But our depth on the bench is lacking without the services of Alyssa Dean, Caterrion and Sierra Thompson, and Angela Perry getting back into the swing of things. Not sure why Glowniak’s minutes were so few tonight. I agreed with Sydney Lambert and Coach Fralick’s comments about continuing to get better and tougher, especially in getting stops on the defensive end. We scored 82 points tonight, which is enough offense to win most games, but we gave up more. Also, in the third quarter, WMU picked up their fifth foul with almost 6 minutes to go in the quarter, but we didn’t take advantage of it, and never made it to the line for two foul shots the rest of the quarter. Missed layups and missed free throws hurt us in the end. I wish I knew what Coach Fralick’s play was with 2.9 seconds left when Perry committed an offensive foul. I couldn’t understand why Hempfling didn’t inbound the ball to the four best shooters in the game......Lambert, Cecil, McMillen, and Parker. McMillen isn’t the regular trigger player, but she was assigned to toss it in, and then the play imploded. We didn’t play terrible, but WMU just executed better. Looking forward to the next game. Falcons, hang in there and give it your all! GO FALCONS!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Re: BG drops MAC opener...

Postby elmrfudd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Tough loss, the first at the Stroh this season. We are definitely a better team than in the previous four years, and the coaching is a huge part of that. But our depth on the bench is lacking without the services of Alyssa Dean, Caterrion and Sierra Thompson, and Angela Perry getting back into the swing of things. Not sure why Glowniak’s minutes were so few tonight. I agreed with Sydney Lambert and Coach Fralick’s comments about continuing to get better and tougher, especially in getting stops on the defensive end. We scored 82 points tonight, which is enough offense to win most games, but we gave up more. Also, in the third quarter, WMU picked up their fifth foul with almost 6 minutes to go in the quarter, but we didn’t take advantage of it, and never made it to the line for two foul shots the rest of the quarter. Missed layups and missed free throws hurt us in the end. I wish I knew what Coach Fralick’s play was with 2.9 seconds left when Perry committed an offensive foul. I couldn’t understand why Hempfling didn’t inbound the ball to the four best shooters in the game......Lambert, Cecil, McMillen, and Parker. McMillen isn’t the regular trigger player, but she was assigned to toss it in, and then the play imploded. We didn’t play terrible, but WMU just executed better. Looking forward to the next game. Falcons, hang in there and give it your all! GO FALCONS!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Return to Women's Hoops