BG at Akron

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

BG at Akron

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Zips were able to pull across the finish line...barely. They shot the lights out in the first half and we had 12 TO's. Down 38-26 after two...I was thinking, We'll take it after those stats. BiG 3rd and we're down 53-48 after 3. Cut the gap to 1 and then 2 huge TO's killed us. And credit the Zips for making some BiG shots when we got very close. Akron is 11-3 and has a real nice team. On the way outta the JAR, one Zips fan complimented BG on their heart and grit. He said "once Fralick gets her recruits, look out". He knew all about her success. The wins will come...Angela Perry had a really nice game. Kadie Hempfling is fun to watch...has great ball handling skills and a sweet behind the back dribble. We will be a very good team sooner than later.

Next 4 out of 5 are at the Stroh Center with NIU in town Wed night followed by the tsun Sat. BiG stretch...team has to find a way to bounce back from these close losses.

GO BG
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Re: BG at Akron

Postby elmrfudd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:59 am

I like the fact that the Falcons pounded it into Perry consistently in the second half. I believe we need to do it more, and it would be great to see another of our bigs, or two, that can finish inside like she does. That would also get us to the foul line more often, as you don’t get fouled much when you take a lot of threes, or you don’t penetrate to the basket. I remember that Kate Achter had a knack for getting to the hole, and getting fouled in the process. I really believe we need to attack the basket more, but our staff really needs to teach our gals how to get it done without committing offensive fouls. A lot of that is natural ability, because once you get inside, sometimes it takes a little creativity and finesse to finish, as opposed to bowling over your defender on the way to the basket. Good luck, tomorrow, Falcons!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Return to Women's Hoops