Bad 2nd half dooms BG...

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Bad 2nd half dooms BG...

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Falcons led by 5 at the break but got outscored 41-22 in the 2nd half and lost to NIU 66-52. :cry:
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Re: Bad 2nd half dooms BG...

Postby elmrfudd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 am

We were sucking air, especially the second half, as NIU was quicker, faster, and more physical than we were. Our passing was atrocious! We continually found ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. I believe Lambert and Cecil each had a triple, which was the extent of their scoring. Even with as much as Coach Fralick subbed in and out, we still looked tired and sluggish. It causes me to question our physical conditioning. Bottom line is that we were just plain outhustled, and NIU’s sticky defense gave us fits. I know our Falcons have it in them, and as Coach Fralick stated, we have to put together four solid quarters. Go Falcons!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Postby HoopsFan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:24 pm

The shots weren't falling and the offense was annoying. Several times they tried to push the ball into the post and it resulted in a turnover. We still have a lot of players MIA. What's up with that?

A certain point guard played 40 minutes, but her stat line doesn't show it.

This team could well be off to an 0-6 start in league play.

I hope they right the ship soon.

HoopsFan
HoopsFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: I can see the lights of the Football field from here

Postby elmrfudd » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 pm

HoopsFan wrote:
A certain point guard played 40 minutes, but her stat line doesn't show it.

HoopsFan

Sydney Lambert is a senior point guard who has put herself amongst the BGSU record holders for made three pointers. However, with that kind of scoring potential, I believe she should be easily averaging double figures every game. I have not seen the senior leadership from her that I think she’s capable of, and although it’s the point guard’s duty to bring the ball up the floor and run the offense, like HoopsFan stated, her stat line isn’t showing an abundance of points, assists, or steals. I really like Syd as a player, as it’s not really her fault that the previous coaching staff has not helped her develop into the floor general she’s capable of being.
Coach Fralick has lost almost three times as many games in half a season in her first year at BGSU, as she has in her entire tenure at Ashland University. But that’s not her fault. She inherited a team of talented young players, with a handful of upperclassmen, that were not fundamentally sound. From a player’s freshman season to their senior season, the fans should see some marked incremental improvement over those four years, with at least two or three receiving some kind of MAC accolades. How many of our players in the last four or five years have had All-MAC honors, from honorable mention to first or second team, or even player of the year? Our players cannot reach that level unless they are fundamentally sound and developed into well rounded players, and our coaching staff MUST make that happen.
Angela Perry and Madisen Parker started this game, perhaps to light a fire under Glowniak and McMillen to step up their performance. After forty minutes of floor time for a totally unproductive Lambert, maybe a different player needs to start at point to stimulate more productivity from Syd. Players understand the bench.....it’s a place to catch a breather, but it’s also a place to let players understand they’re not getting the job done!
Now let’s get that first MAC win against that “the team up north”! GO FALCONS!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Return to Women's Hoops