Congrats to Coach Fralick...

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Congrats to Coach Fralick...

Postby Flipper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 am

on the Falcons first win in conference play!!

https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2019/2/13/ ... stroh.aspx
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Re: Congrats to Coach Fralick...

Postby mbenecke » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am

Huge win. That Buffalo team made the Sweet 16 last year. May not be the same team overall, but they're a top 3 team in the MAC.

I'm really happy for Coach, and I hope this gives the team momentum to finish strong the rest of the year.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby elmrfudd » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am

Yes, a huge congratulations to Coach Fralick, her staff, and the team for their first MAC win. Knowing that they beat Buffalo, and played Ohio and Miami to the wire, hopefully they’ve gotten “the monkey off their back”. I do believe the officials let the Bulls’ physicality get out of hand in the second half at times, but kudos to the Falcons for playing tough and enduring the pressure they got toward the latter stages of the game. A big shout out to Madisen Parker for her huge three pointer toward the end and her 9-9 free throw shooting, and Andrea Cecil for stepping up to the plate offensively! Five players in double figures really displays the teamwork it took to win this game!
Now, on a different note, Glowniak’s and McMillen’s minutes have drastically been reduced, as well as Angela Perry’s minutes. I just wonder if Coach Fralick is trying to send these ladies a message about their productivity on the court, or even injuries or conditioning may be a factor. I noticed we had 28 turnovers last night, and still won. It’s obvious that we cannot continue to turn the ball over 20+ times a game and still be successful. Our two freshmen were responsible for half of those turnovers (14), which translates that we definitely need to work on taking care of the ball, namely passing and handling the ball in pressure. Regardless, we still got the victory! Now lets go out there, and continue to improve and build a nice winning streak going into the MAC Tournament! GO FALCONS!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Postby factman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 am

It seems to me that Maddie Cole is the best mix of offense and defense of the “bigs”. Perry is a good offensive player but lacking on the defensive end while
Glowniak works very hard at both ends but has trouble finishing on offense. I have also heard Coach Fralick day she likes players that can play multiple positions, and I think Cole also fits that criteria.
Great win last night!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops