Sigh. Defeat from the jaws of victory.

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Sigh. Defeat from the jaws of victory.

Postby HoopsFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Falcons fight back from an 8 point 3rd quarter at Kent to tie the game but go on to lose 77-73. They had the ball at with 5 seconds left, trailing by 2 and turned it over.

HoopsFan
HoopsFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: I can see the lights of the Football field from here

Re: Sigh. Defeat from the jaws of victory.

Postby elmrfudd » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:08 pm

They were behind by 13 with under six minutes to play, and they fought back well, but couldn’t finish. Turnovers and fouls have been our albatross all season long. Taking care of the ball is critical to success, and for whatever reason we can’t get that issue ironed out. The largest chunk of our turnovers are being committed by our younger players. I believe that’s twice now this season that we almost won in the last five seconds of the game, but turned the ball over instead. Both of those turnovers in each of those games were committed by the same player. We show fight and determination, but we absolutely must stop shooting ourselves in the foot. However, I’m still a big fan, and I support the gals all the way. GO FALCONS!
elmrfudd
Chick
Chick

Re: Sigh. Defeat from the jaws of victory.

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

No need to worry about that tonight at the Stroh. CMU rolls 92-54. We commit so many turnovers...
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Return to Women's Hoops