There were games.... Nothing to see here

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

There were games.... Nothing to see here

Postby HoopsFan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:21 pm

Well, tonight marked the end of another sad Women's basketball season. 9-21,2-16 in conference.

Makes me wonder if Battle is going to come back next season and if either Thompson girl will play. Glowniak? Palmero?

I don't know. This group and the coaching didn't look much different from last year. But :-) The good news is my favorite PG (2-13 from the field, 2-8 from 3 point range) with 4 assists and 4 turnovers and playing all 40 minutes, has played her last game in a BG uni.

Well, there's always next season.

HoopsFan
HoopsFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Location: I can see the lights of the Football field from here

Re: There were games.... Nothing to see here

Postby RBruns » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am

I'm gonna miss your favorite PG too. So impressed with the "monster" performance of my favorite "wing/post", also.

I also wonder about those girls too. If Battle and Palermo want to play, its not here. Also unfortunate to the upper classmen- probably hard to leave with 1 or 2 years left. Not sure why Fralick gave up on them, but when you yank someone after 1 mistake, or with less than a minute play time- your killing their confidence and pushing them further down bench. (Yet others play most of game with plenty of mistakes) Sad coaching there.
A healthy R. Thompson should fit Fralick well, but since shes not her recruit, its hard to say.

Now that Fralick has 4 YEARS of head coaching experience, the skys the limit! (meaning: only 1 way to go, and thats up)

I would like to say im happy the team came through with out any major injuries. The ones who were injured were from Roos' season. I think with Roos running the girls in the "gauntlet" early season, led to all her injury woes and ironically, Jacey still claimed they were out of shape at the end of the season. Now flash forward to yesterday... most still look like they cant handle the minutes, (just compare them to every other team in the MAC).
Need to find that "happy medium" of conditioning with out running them to injury.
RBruns
Egg
Egg

Return to Women's Hoops