Remembering the Softball Champs...looking forward to soccer.

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Remembering the Softball Champs...looking forward to soccer.

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:25 am

Those pix on bgsufalcons.com reliving the softball team winning the MAC Tourney are a treat. Every time I drive by Firestone Stadium here in Akron I smile and think of watching the 6th seeded Falcons knock off Kent, CMU, WMU and Miami twice to win it all. And a team that had only 3 SR's!!

Coming soon is the 2004 women's soccer season...Coach Andy Richards and his staff have really done a fantastic job building this program. BG had only 2 SR's on the roster for the 2003 season and have another challenging schedule for 2004. BG opens the season with 3 straight home games at Cochrane Field against Duquense (8/27) and Pitt (8/29) in the Falcon Classic. BG welcomes Michigan State on 9/5. Nice to see some big names on the BG field!
After a road trip to Eastern Illinois, BG heads to Annapolis, MD, and the Navy Tournament. BG will face Navy and Delaware.
The Falcons open MAC play vs Ohio U on 9/17. Good news for the Freak...BG will play 3 games in my backyard against Cleve State, Akron and Kent. Good chance I'll be hitting at least 2 of those games.

MAC Tourney is 11/2 thru 11/7 at sites TBD. This could be a special year for women's soccer!

GOOD LUCK COACH RICHARDS AND FALCONS!!!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Metz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:04 am

Those pix on bgsufalcons.com reliving the softball team winning the MAC Tourney are a treat. Every time I drive by Firestone Stadium here in Akron I smile and think of watching the 6th seeded Falcons knock off Kent, CMU, WMU and Miami twice to win it all. And a team that had only 3 SR's!!

I don't know about those pictures...I have better ones :P That was an amazing tournament though and I can still remember the look on your face when you were reading the program and realized we only had 3 seniors on the team. With soccer, I will have to agree. I think they will have a great season and have the ability to go deep into the tourney. Maybe even win the championship!
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Return to Women's Hoops