New Frontiers

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

New Frontiers

Postby FMBfan07 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:06 am

Who's excited about performing New Frontiers on friday and saturday? I am!!
We have two more days to really clean it, and i think it is going to come along just great!!
I marched Frontiers in 2003 and that was so memorable and amazing. I am so excited to being able to be part of this group for New Frontiers.

Awesome I started the FMB with Frontiers and now I get end frontiers with New Frontiers. Amazing!
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:34 am

The last time we did a show with this much intensity was '04 as far as I'm concerned. Its awesome to look around at the younger members and have them finally undertand what they/we are capable of.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:53 am

Ever since I talked to Ryan Nowlin at homecoming I have been pumped to see New Frontiers. Honestly, it is the MAIN reason I will be making the trip to BG on Friday for the game. Since it is a Friday night game will the pre-game show be in the Field House or out by the stadium? Any info on the schedule for the day would be appreciated. BTW, how many times have you run through Pre-game this week?
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:56 pm

There will actually be no "pregame" show as usual, since it is a friday night game. We will just have typical rehearsal, a short break to change/warmup/tune, then we're heading straight to the stadium.
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby billchase2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:14 pm

SaxyGirl85 wrote:There will actually be no "pregame" show as usual, since it is a friday night game. We will just have typical rehearsal, a short break to change/warmup/tune, then we're heading straight to the stadium.

so are you saying there is no field house show? as in... none at the field house and none outside the doyt? because there's got to be a pregame...
2008 BGSU: Master of Education Degree
2006 BGSU: Bachelor of Science in Technology Degree
04-06 University Activities Organization Director
02-04 FMB; 2004 Trumpet Squad Leader
Kappa Kappa Psi - Beta Kappa
billchase2
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBfan07 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 pm

billchase2 wrote:
SaxyGirl85 wrote:There will actually be no "pregame" show as usual, since it is a friday night game. We will just have typical rehearsal, a short break to change/warmup/tune, then we're heading straight to the stadium.

so are you saying there is no field house show? as in... none at the field house and none outside the doyt? because there's got to be a pregame...

correct, no Prefootball game show... whatever it is called. but yes we are marching pregame.
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby billchase2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:20 pm

cool, that's what i figured but i just wanted to clarify.
billchase2
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:49 am

sorry for wording that somewhat confusingly

no "fieldhouse" show...yes pregame.

GO FALCONS! haha
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby billchase2 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:42 pm

EXCELLENT job FMB!!! the new frontiers half time show was incredible! i loved hearing parts of the original frontiers throughout the show.

two thumbs up from one of the "old guys"! :-D
billchase2
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:30 pm

When I first caught wind that the band was redoing Frontiers this year, I'll admit that I was skeptical, and honestly a tad upset. I didn't think that the show could or should be re-performed. Then I got the letter from Doc H and decided that I had to see this show. Un-Falcon-Believable!!! It sounded fantastic, and looked pretty good too. I would love to see what this show would be in a few weeks if you kept working on it for the Toledo game. I got goosebumps watching the drill unfold, and picking out elements that were the same as 2003. I got shivers listening to the music and picking out the old themes. Then I got blown away seeing and hearing the variations on both. I hope everyone realizes what they're apart of, and just how special this show is. This is one alumni who is very proud to have marched the orginal in 2003, and is now very proud to have seen first hand the 'New' version in 2007. Great job guys!
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 pm

goofyeuph wrote:I would love to see what this show would be in a few weeks if you kept working on it for the Toledo game.

From what I understand, we will be performing the New Frontiers show at the Toledo game. So for those of you who were wanting to see it at the Ohio game and couldn't make it, you will have your chance to come see it at the Toledo Game. (If I'm wrong about the FMB doing New Frontiers for the Toledo Game, Please correct me if I am!! I'm a Maggot and therefore don't hear everything that is said.)
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:06 am

It is being played at the UT game also. Its not like we could do dancing with the stars or power of love again... 8)
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 am

The Niz wrote:It is being played at the UT game also. Its not like we could do dancing with the stars or power of love again... 8)

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we would pull one of those back out though.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Strouse wrote:In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we would pull one of those back out though.

Are you serious? With this being Dr. Hayward's baby, I don't think she'll let us do anything else. I suspect that suggesting otherwise would equal sacrelige.
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby goofyeuph » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm

FMBEuphtastic wrote:
Strouse wrote:In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we would pull one of those back out though.

Are you serious? With this being Dr. Hayward's baby, I don't think she'll let us do anything else. I suspect that suggesting otherwise would equal sacrilegious.

yes, anything else would equal sacrilegious

even though I'm not a fan of repeating shows, I'm glad to hear this one is being done for the TU game. unfortunately the odds of me making the TU game are slim and none, and I think slim just left town.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands