New Frontiers

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Postby The Niz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm

There was only like 11,00 people at the Akron game, not many people will be complaining that they already saw this show... :wink:
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm going to sounds like a azz for saying this, but...

(New) Frontiers has jack squat to do with the crowd. This show was written for the band, dedicated to the band, and performed for the band members. The crowd just gets to enjoy one hell of a show.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 am

If we're performing it for ourselves then it doesn't matter how many times we repeat it.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:47 am

goofyeuph wrote:(New) Frontiers has jack squat to do with the crowd. This show was written for the band, dedicated to the band, and performed for the band members.

So, does the collective band get a hairy palm from the exhibitionist style artistic masturbation?
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby realmenskip » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:16 am

realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby able1 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Nice! I was hoping someone would post it. I only saw the original Frontiers once. How similar or not-so-similar is this one to the original?
So you managed to pull of a show that's more in the style of a competition high school or drum corps with how much rehearsal time? A few weeks at best? Wow, just imagine what you could do if you all weren't such a "lazy showband." :wink:

Oh, and who's the Madison Scouts fan? Nice wedge spin there at the end :P
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

able1 wrote:Nice! I was hoping someone would post it. I only saw the original Frontiers once. How similar or not-so-similar is this one to the original?
So you managed to pull of a show that's more in the style of a competition high school or drum corps with how much rehearsal time? A few weeks at best? Wow, just imagine what you could do if you all weren't such a "lazy showband." :wink:

Oh, and who's the Madison Scouts fan? Nice wedge spin there at the end :P

Mr. Sivill wrote the drill for the show. I'm not sure if he really is much of a scouts fan, or if he has just been waiting for the opportunity to give us a move like that. The doc removed all restrictions on his drill writing for this show so he has for the first time really been able to express to us how he truly feels about Nowlin's writing.

edit: Somone else added new video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7u_PHhdJX0I

This video isn't as high a quality, but the comments they two girls make will have you smiling through the entire ending.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBfan07 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm

remember we are performing the show again Friday afternoon at the BG vs UT game!!! game starts at 2:30, so if you have not seen it or want to see it again, be there! and support BG! GOOO FALCONS!
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:23 am

Thank goodness we get another shot at performing this show.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to BGSU Bands