Bowl Game Traditions

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Postby Rightupinthere » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:18 am

able1 wrote:Yeah, the chill shouting match was Powers and Sparks, so it had to be Vegas. It was that long morning rehearsal out in the boonies. Whether you liked Mike or not, you had to give him credit for standing up for himself, and often times for the whole band.

As far as buffo making bowl game appearances, I honestly don't recall. Many buffo members were in KKY and/or were maybe a senior who wasn't marching because they were student teaching or something. Not that I would know ;-) I don't specifically remember an appearance, but I think it would have been possible. Anyone remember if they were at either of the pep rallies? (Vegas or Fresno)

I didn't have a problem with Powers outside of floor hockey [dirty, filthy b@stard). That was the absolute boiling point of the entire season. It took everything I had not to laugh out loud at Sparky when he said that. It all started when Sparky had us doing entry repeatedly in six inches of water........and then complain about that field condition for the remainder of the year.

BUFFO travelled but not all of them. BUFFO was a part of the band. Period. We travelled, they travelled. We usually had at least two if memory serves. With 200+ marchers plus equipment crew, they were easy to hide. I want to believe there was an alumnus who was BUFFO in Vegas.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Buffo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Buffo went to both Fresno and Vegas. In fact there was a very special Buffo video on the plane to Vegas that starred all the directors & Bonnie.
"If the band goes, we go"

Maggot - 89-92
Buffo
Egg
Egg

Postby Ohiogal » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 pm

I want copies of all those videos!
Go Faccons!
Ohiogal
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Strouse wrote:it appears that the maggots have a tradition (well since the motor city bowl) that at least one member of the section forgets some part of their uniform.

not cool. :P
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Buffo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 pm

I think the missing uniform part (and complete uniform) happened to the maggots on almost every road trip.
"If the band goes, we go"

Maggot - 89-92
Buffo
Egg
Egg

Postby Rightupinthere » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Buffo wrote:Buffo went to both Fresno and Vegas. In fact there was a very special Buffo video on the plane to Vegas that starred all the directors & Bonnie.

OH MY GOD! I remember that video! Bonnie was Heeeee-larious poor acting and all!
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Strouse » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Buffo wrote:I think the missing uniform part (and complete uniform) happened to the maggots on almost every road trip.

I will have to agree with that, since it isn't every trip. Because as far as I know of, none of the Maggots forgot anything on the Indianapolis trip this year
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Strouse wrote:
Buffo wrote:I think the missing uniform part (and complete uniform) happened to the maggots on almost every road trip.

I will have to agree with that, since it isn't every trip. Because as far as I know of, none of the Maggots forgot anything on the Indianapolis trip this year

I don't recall any of them asking me for anything...but at least half a dozen people asked me for gauntlets...ugh!

some people ended up having to march without them because I only brought a few pairs and didn't have enough.
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:55 pm

SaxyGirl85 wrote:
I don't recall any of them asking me for anything...but at least half a dozen people asked me for gauntlets...ugh!

some people ended up having to march without them because I only brought a few pairs and didn't have enough.

Please tell me that for this game, anyone who is not in full uniform won't march?! I was livid that less-than-proper-attire was allowed on the field in Indianapolis. The band had plenty of time to pack. And for Mobile, there should be no excuses. We will have had all of Christmas break to ensure our uniform is assembled.
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby PresBG » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Personally, it has always been my belief that if you arent prepared, you dont march. Period. Do things happen? (i.e. pants rip, buttons come off, etc)...yes, they do. That and THAT ALONE is what uniform committee is for on game day. Not to refit you and not to make sure you have your coat/pants/shoes because you left them behind.

Will people march in Mobile if they are less than prepared? Who knows. I hope not, but who knows.
6:15......and TOLEDO STILL SUCKS.

President, BGSU Band Alumni Society
Life Member, Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma
2002-06 Falcon Marching Band Drumline
PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby Strouse » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:10 pm

I really don't want anyone who doesn't have their full uniform to march either. But it is Frontiers (New Frontiers at that) and I doubt that Dr. Hayward would want any holes to show up in it.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:36 am

Strouse, that in a nutshell is what has driven me crazy since we started New Frontiers. I don't think it should matter what show we're doing-Rules are rules and for her to ignore or make exceptions just for the sake of one show weakens her authority.

Let's hope that any "traditions" of leaving stuff behind end NOW.
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby The Niz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Kate- At least I got Sean's uniform straightened out. He was pretty freaked out when his stuff wasn't in his unlocked locker anymore.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby PresBG » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:11 pm

FMBEuphtastic wrote:Let's hope that any "traditions" of leaving stuff behind end NOW.

Agreed.
6:15......and TOLEDO STILL SUCKS.

President, BGSU Band Alumni Society
Life Member, Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma
2002-06 Falcon Marching Band Drumline
PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 pm

PresBG wrote:
FMBEuphtastic wrote:Let's hope that any "traditions" of leaving stuff behind end NOW.

Agreed.

i'd like to 2nd that.

and on another previously mentioned note, that's EXACTLY why people DID march at Indy even though Pres and I were both highly against it. But of course we can't leave holes...which, even now there are holes because people keep disappearing. There's one perc, one sax, 2 guard girls, and at least one mello that just stopped showing up to practice....fantastic season this is turning out to be. haha
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

PreviousNext

Return to BGSU Bands