Thank you

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Thank you

Postby Rightupinthere » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Man, are my arms SORE. I'm a yoga guy and not used to any aerobic arm flapping!

I can't express what an honor it was to conduct that band tonight. I liked everything from the sound to the confused looks I was receiving form some of the active band members.

I had a Notre Dame fan come up to me and congratulate us of having the best hockey band in the nation. He said we were 'into' the game and sounded great. I have to back him up on that. You all were very, very good.

I would like you to keep the goal count after a score. Play fight song once then count off the goals. I received quite a few positive comments from the old time fans.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. You were great, tolerant, and FUN!

One parting note: that is the way the Screamer is SUPPOSE to sound. I heard some complaints, but it was clean, bumpin'-n-grindin'. :-D
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby The Niz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:11 am

Get It On sounded great at the much slower tempo also.

We've been doing the goal count after they announce the goal over the P.A. It gives everyone a clear defined point to start it together.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:28 pm

RUIT, it was awesome having you conduct for us!! I guess a lot of the alums do still have it in them :supz: Rock On!!
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

As I posted in the hockey forum....RUIT, YOU ROCKED THE HOUSE, BABY!!! Well done!! Now, how soon are you coming back for a return performance????? [-o< :-D
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 am

Well I thought you sucked. Hard.
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Bleeding Orange » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:15 am

bgmaggot00 wrote:Well I thought you sucked. Hard.

Me too. You were f**kin' terrible. :wink:
From the halls of ivy...

It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work - work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it. ~Ronald Reagan

:smt117
Bleeding Orange
The Abominable Desert 'Cat
The Abominable Desert 'Cat

Postby Rightupinthere » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:43 am

Bleeding Orange wrote:
bgmaggot00 wrote:Well I thought you sucked. Hard.

Me too. You were f**kin' terrible. :wink:

Coming from you two, that's a compliment.

THANKS!

:-D
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby The Niz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:43 pm

#6!!!!!!!
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 pm

The Niz wrote:#6!!!!!!!

Do you know how I wanted to utter the words, "go collectively phuck yourselves"?

We were doing that back in MY day, for crying out loud. It almost worked once when we had Brian Nutting (grad asst) conducting.
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Rightupinthere wrote:

Do you know how I wanted to utter the words, "go collectively phuck yourselves"?

We were doing that back in MY day, for crying out loud. It almost worked once when we had Brian Nutting (grad asst) conducting.

last year we convinced our grad asst. Andy to let us play is as a warm up instead of the alma mater...i think that's the only time in 5 years i've EVER played it...other than maybe during the mandatory "rehearsals" at the beginning of the season.

and i'd like to throw in there, as well, that you did a great job putting up with us on Saturday ;)
That's debatable...THEY STILL SUCK! hahaha
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby able1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 pm

I remember once or twice a certain canadian former university president singing #6 at some hockey games. That was....interesting.

Saturday was fun. It was the first time I was able to get back for alumni a-band in a couple of years. It was good seeing everyone, and meeting a few more I didn't know.
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm

SaxyGirl85 wrote:
Rightupinthere wrote:

last year we convinced our grad asst. Andy to let us play is as a warm up instead of the alma mater...i think that's the only time in 5 years i've EVER played it...other than maybe during the mandatory "rehearsals" at the beginning of the season.

and i'd like to throw in there, as well, that you did a great job putting up with us on Saturday ;)

Last year, well I think it was last year, we had played #6 after the game. And now that I think of it, I believe that it was done because it was right before we were to meet to do evaluations and he wanted a good eval.
Alums, it was awesome to play with you Saturday and I can't wait for the next opportunity!!

SaxyGirl85 wrote:That's debatable...THEY STILL SUCK! hahaha

forgot to mention this, there were kids next to me that anytime we said that, they would get all "professional-like" and say, what's debatable? bg's getting beat...i was half-tempted to turn to them and explain it, but they would probably just look confused about it.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Rightupinthere wrote:

I thought it was hilarious that you flipped through the book to find out what song 6 was.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 am

The Niz wrote:
Rightupinthere wrote:

I thought it was hilarious that you flipped through the book to find out what song 6 was.

I wasn't looking for song six. I already knew which one it was. Remember, I had 40 people calling out different numbers.
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Falcons4Life » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Well, I was forced to resort to "That's debatable, they're still not good!" compliments of one Mr. Krebs not appreciating my "Betz likes Boys" chant....

"Steckle, you Homo!" could have put him over the edge too!!
I love my birds! Go Falcons, Go Jayhawks!!!
Falcons4Life
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands