BASS CLEFF A-Z-Z

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Postby able1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:47 am

It's been the same version since as far back as I was involved in the early 90's.

......but, back in the day, we used to start it slower and get faster and faster each time through until we played the whole thing in less than 6 seconds.

Up hill.

Both ways.

In six feet of snow.
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 am

Now a days we just like to start playing it at tempo "under six seconds" then change tempo even faster when we get to 'roll along' and then do the same thing five or six more times :wink:
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:19 pm

It was two feet of water, Jason. You remember, when Sparky forced us to do entry SEVERAL times through. 1992 was the year.

It was AWFUL! The wake from the tubas drowned half of the Easy Rank and knocked the blue trailer over (it was blue back then). I'm still not over it.

"And you SAW what you did to that field." *fuming*
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby able1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Ah yes, couldn't forget about that one. I have to give Sparky credit for one thing though. He was a good sport about doing a quigley in his white pants at the end of that rehearsal. Wonder how much woolite he went through that night.
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to BGSU Bands