Pregame - Again

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Pregame - Again

Postby The Niz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Yet again I've been thinking about it at length. It is my favorite part of the FMB after all.

I was watching a video on youtube from homecoming, and I couldn't help but think it would look pretty cool if we had 8 counts of 'lock-step' near the end of the downfield when all the students yell B G S U (that's one step for each letter). I counted it out on the drill chart and there would be no need to add or remove any counts to perform said maneuver.

Just thought it would be something exciting to add that may potentially rally the student body around a tradition (yelling BGSU near the end of the fight song).
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcons4Life » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 am

Do as you wish... just don't F with Maggot entry! :)
I love my birds! Go Falcons, Go Jayhawks!!!
Falcons4Life
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:28 am

F with it how? Like adding 4 more people to it?? :twisted:
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 pm

The only way I would personally allow for the Maggot/Perc Pregame entry to be messed with is if you take the 4 extra Maggot spots away...that was just way to ridiculous for those spots to be added...
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby realmenskip » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Strouse wrote:The only way I would personally allow for the Maggot/Perc Pregame entry to be messed with is if you take the 4 extra Maggot spots away...that was just way to ridiculous for those spots to be added...

Agreed. It was cool with the 2 at the back b/c it seemed as if they were pushing the rest up, but now its just there.
12 Maggots for Pre-game(or atleST ENTRY), the way it was meant to be. Dr. H wants to have those extra 4 charge the field with the rest(however odd that would be) thatd be fine, but 12 is how it was "traditionally"
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby Strouse » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:06 pm

realmenskip wrote:
Strouse wrote:The only way I would personally allow for the Maggot/Perc Pregame entry to be messed with is if you take the 4 extra Maggot spots away...that was just way to ridiculous for those spots to be added...

Agreed. It was cool with the 2 at the back b/c it seemed as if they were pushing the rest up, but now its just there.
12 Maggots for Pre-game(or atleST ENTRY), the way it was meant to be. Dr. H wants to have those extra 4 charge the field with the rest(however odd that would be) thatd be fine, but 12 is how it was "traditionally"

I refuse to accept anything more than just the 12 permanent spots...the 4 other spots...whether or not it's part of our entry, i personally do not feel they belong there...and it's just a completely (sorry to you politically correct people) retarded move to have two others come out from the sidelines.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Pregame - Again

Postby MarkL » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 pm

The Niz wrote:Yet again I've been thinking about it at length. It is my favorite part of the FMB after all.

I was watching a video on youtube from homecoming, and I couldn't help but think it would look pretty cool if we had 8 counts of 'lock-step' near the end of the downfield when all the students yell B G S U (that's one step for each letter). I counted it out on the drill chart and there would be no need to add or remove any counts to perform said maneuver.

Just thought it would be something exciting to add that may potentially rally the student body around a tradition (yelling BGSU near the end of the fight song).

Niz -
Back to the original purpose of the thread, that sounds really cool. Michigan does an entire 8 measure section in half time high step in their fight song and it looks ridiculously cool. It adds variety, syncs with the music/cheers, and is also a nice break from all of the fast marching. Definitely something to suggest to Dr. Hayward for next year.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby tubachic » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm

If you can't march fast you shouldn't be marching Pregame

LEAVE IT ALONE..............BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL
"Hey Maggots, let's go to the front of the band"
tubachic
Egg
Egg

Postby The Niz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

tubachic wrote:If you can't march fast you shouldn't be marching Pregame

LEAVE IT ALONE..............BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL

I can march plenty fast enough thank you. My proposed change would actually make the downfield harder as it would completely take out the resting at the end of the first time through the fight song.

I realize you want pregame to stay the same, I am as traditional as they some. But pregame is hardly a shadow of what it once was, and small changes like this could only be for the better at this point.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Bands