'08 FMB Season

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

'08 FMB Season

Postby bgmaggot00 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey, anyone have any ideas as to what the '08 FMB season has in store? Shows, trips, etc? Thanks!
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 pm

They haven't sent the stuff out yet...or if they have, I haven't gotten it yet, so I can't shed any light on that yet. I'd love to know what's in store as well.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:25 am

Looks as though we may be taking a trip to the rubber bowl.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:56 am

The Niz wrote:Looks as though we may be taking a trip to the rubber bowl.

NICE!!! Always great when the awesome FMB hits the road....especially when the stadium is 10 min from our house. :lol:
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby goofyeuph » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:54 pm

The Niz wrote:Looks as though we may be taking a trip to the rubber bowl.

I still say ya'll need to make the trip to Boise. I'll be willing to host the Euphs!!!! :lol:
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:27 pm

bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby PresBG » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:34 pm

PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby realmenskip » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Got the stuff in the mail today. THe first show is...

CSI Bowling Green. The music of "The Who"
Who Are you? (CSI)
Baba O'Riley (CSI New York)
Won't get Fooled again (CSI Miami)

WE are defiently going to the Rubber Bowl. Possibly a HS festival a different weekend.

And there are a few new additions to the schedule such as High School Band Day during Family Weekend.

Also there will be a Kiddie Concert the same day as the Sounds of the Stadium,FRIDAY Nov. 15th

Will update later on the rest of the shows. And if not me than ne of the bandos, eh?[/b]
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby Class of 61 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:29 pm

realmenskip wrote:Got the stuff in the mail today. THe first show is...

CSI Bowling Green. The music of "The Who"
Who Are you? (CSI)
Baba O'Riley (CSI New York)
Won't get Fooled again (CSI Miami)

WE are defiently going to the Rubber Bowl. Possibly a HS festival a different weekend.

And there are a few new additions to the schedule such as High School Band Day during Family Weekend.

Also there will be a Kiddie Concert the same day as the Sounds of the Stadium,FRIDAY Nov. 15th

Will update later on the rest of the shows. And if not me than ne of the bandos, eh?[/b]

I for one would like to see a MASSIVE HS band day at BG... last one of these I saw was at the Wisky game in Madison a few years ago.... pretty awesome seeing and hearing all these bands together... And I'd have to believe a pretty good "recruiting" tool.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:49 pm

I would love to see BG snag the BOA/MFA/whatever they are calling themselves now regional back from the state of Michigan. I believe EMU hosted and if they can pull it off in their stadium then we should be able to do it twice as well. Going along with a "Band Day" at one of the home games (one that may not draw as well) I would like to see an OMEA competition and festival competition hosted. We have field turn now, let's use it and get the Falcon Marching Band out there more!
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby realmenskip » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:58 pm

It's the Journey... wrote: I would like to see an OMEA competition and festival competition hosted. We have field turn now, let's use it and get the Falcon Marching Band out there more!

That would be a great oppurtunity not onlyfor recruiting, but in general. IF there was a local competition (like the Maumme or Swanton) that moved itself to BG, that'd be cool or even starting one, which although requiring more work would be equallycool and fun.
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby Strouse » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 pm

realmenskip wrote:
It's the Journey... wrote: I would like to see an OMEA competition and festival competition hosted. We have field turn now, let's use it and get the Falcon Marching Band out there more!

That would be a great oppurtunity not onlyfor recruiting, but in general. IF there was a local competition (like the Maumme or Swanton) that moved itself to BG, that'd be cool or even starting one, which although requiring more work would be equallycool and fun.

In all honesty, a band festival/competition/whatever would be awesome to have in Doyt L. Perry Stadium, and if said event were to ever happen, it would most definitely have to involve Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma in the least. In that regard, it would be an awesome recruiting tool for not only the FMB but those fraternities and sororities.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyIrishTenor » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Strouse wrote:
realmenskip wrote:

In all honesty, a band festival/competition/whatever would be awesome to have in Doyt L. Perry Stadium, and if said event were to ever happen, it would most definitely have to involve Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma in the least. In that regard, it would be an awesome recruiting tool for not only the FMB but those fraternities and sororities.

Let us not forget, however, that the purpose of those organizations are NOT to recruit for the FMB and the organizations themselves, but to serve the bands and promote collegiate band at any school. Sure, this would-be event would be a great chance to showcase BG, but should NOT be primarily used as a recruitment event. A lot would be lost if that were the case.

Sorry. I don't want people to forget the real goals.
SHEEEE'S BAAAAAAAACK.

"SWF seeks marching band for relationship..."

"No well-behaved woman ever made history."
SaxyIrishTenor
Feisty Falcon
Feisty Falcon

Return to BGSU Bands