2008 Falcon Marching Band FMB ROCKS!

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

2008 Falcon Marching Band FMB ROCKS!

Postby realmenskip » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:17 am

The theme for this year is FMB ROCKS!

The first show is music from The Who

Second show is a medley, entitled "The Sun always Shines on the Falcon Marching Band" The songs include "Walking on the Sun" "you are my Sunshine" and "Let the Sun Shine in"

The third show is a Guitar Hero show. There is one song from each Guitar Hero (1 thru 3) and then a "bonus track"

The final show is entitled "FMB on Broadway" It will open with Overture(s);continue with "Officer Krumpke" and Finish off with You can't stop the Beat from Hairspray

Should be a great season! You all need to come se us at every game!
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby realmenskip » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:25 am

Numbers n this year's FMB:

16 Fliccs
21 Clarinets
17 Alto Saxes
13 tenor Saxes
29 Trumpets
18 Mellophones
15 Trombones
12 Baritones
14 Maggots
35 Percs
14 Cymbals
9 Snares
5 Tenors
7 Basses
21 Guard
6 Twirlers
2 Drum Majors

That brings our final count to.....

219 in the 2008 Falcon Marching Band!!!
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Postby goofyeuph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 am

realmenskip wrote:Numbers n this year's FMB:

12 Baritones

Nice...but when did the FMB start marching Baritones? :wink:
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby realmenskip » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 am

they always have chomic
realmenskip
Egg
Egg

Re: 2008 Falcon Marching Band FMB ROCKS!

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 pm

realmenskip wrote:The theme for this year is FMB ROCKS!

The final show is entitled "FMB on Broadway" It will open with Overture(s);continue with "Officer Krumpke" and Finish off with a selection from Hair

it's actually from HairSPRAY...haha.
They're playing You Can't Stop the Beat....

it really is going to be a good season, still breaks my heart a little bit I'm not marching, but it will be fun to watch for once :)
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby goofyeuph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 pm

realmenskip wrote:they always have chomic

You sure...I always thought they were Euphoniums.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBfan07 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

i miss marching band, i wanna be a student again.. i'll give back my degre to be in marching band....

Congrats to Dr. Hayward too. She said last year if she is director this season she would be the longest of anyone for director of the FMB
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:39 pm

FMBfan07 wrote:Congrats to Dr. Hayward too. She said last year if she is director this season she would be the longest of anyone for director of the FMB

Umm...really?? Forgive me, but wasn't Chief director of the FMB just this side of forever before he stepped down?? Someone either back me up, or correct me on this please. I would believe that she's been there the longest of all the directors of the last 20 years, but of all time? I'm just finding that a tad hard to swallow.

Don't feel bad Steven, Lexie, et al new alumni of the FMB. I'm sure everyone else who has ever worn the Orange and Brown uniforms has had the same feelings. I felt the same way when I came back for the New Frontiers show. I actually thought "You know, I bet I have one more season left in me. I bet I could march again." Then two day later a weather front moved through and I could barely walk. That quickly ended any fantasies of ever stepping on the field in anything other than an alumni band.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBfan07 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 pm

goofyeuph wrote:
FMBfan07 wrote:Congrats to Dr. Hayward too. She said last year if she is director this season she would be the longest of anyone for director of the FMB

Umm...really?? Forgive me, but wasn't Chief director of the FMB just this side of forever before he stepped down?? Someone either back me up, or correct me on this please. I would believe that she's been there the longest of all the directors of the last 20 years, but of all time? I'm just finding that a tad hard to swallow.

from what i thought she told us that was that Chief was here, but he was not the actual director, only the actual director for a few years.. but I am a forgetful person i may have misunderstood her for saying in how many years.. but i thought she said forever. lol
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jlozer8 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 pm

realmenskip wrote:The theme for this year is FMB ROCKS!

The first show is music from The Who

Second show is a medley, entitled "The Sun always Shines on the Falcon Marching Band" The songs include "Walking on the Sun" "you are my Sunshine" and "Let the Sun Shine in"

The third show is a Guitar Hero show. There is one song from each Guitar Hero (1 thru 3) and then a "bonus track"

The final show is entitled "FMB on Broadway" It will open with Overture(s);continue with "Officer Krumpke" and Finish off with You can't stop the Beat from Hairspray

Should be a great season! You all need to come se us at every game!

This must be the year for college bands to do guitar hero shows. I'm a grad assistant with Mizzou's marching band this year, and they're also doing a guitar hero show....
Falcon Marching Band - Trumpet Section Leader '04, '05. '06
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby goofyeuph » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:03 am

COPY CAT!!! :P :lol:
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:17 am

goofyeuph wrote:

I actually thought "You know, I bet I have one more season left in me.

Thanks Brett

bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgmaggot00 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:20 am

realmenskip wrote:The final show is entitled "FMB on Broadway" It will open with Overture(s);continue with "Officer Krupke" and Finish off with You can't stop the Beat from Hairspray

Yeah, I've thought about You can't stop the beat as a Badass tune for Marching Band, so I'll be interested to hear how it turns out. Officer Krupke's a classic as well.

Sounds like a great season!
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby goofyeuph » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:42 am

bgmaggot00 wrote:
goofyeuph wrote:

I actually thought "You know, I bet I have one more season left in me.

Thanks Brett

Unlike Brett, I know enough to stay retired.
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:47 am

goofyeuph wrote:Umm...really?? Forgive me, but wasn't Chief director of the FMB just this side of forever before he stepped down?? Someone either back me up, or correct me on this please. I would believe that she's been there the longest of all the directors of the last 20 years, but of all time? I'm just finding that a tad hard to swallow.
His title was Director of Bands
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands