Stroh Show

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Stroh Show

Postby The Niz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:46 pm

How was it? Still the same old thing or did we finally get some showmanship involved with the whole pregame deal and turn it into something people actually want to come see?

The pre-pre-game show wasn't really ever that much of a draw, especially when it was moved right outside the stadium. I was hoping it would get an overhaul with the Stroh.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Stroh Show

Postby jg4242 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:52 pm

The crowd was easily the largest I've ever seen at the pregame concert. Easily 800 people in the stands. Jerry Anderson from WTOL was the MC, brought a lot of energy to the show. Good move, IMO
jg4242
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby factman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:15 pm

still needs a little more organization but part of that was due to the volleyball match scheduled so close.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jg4242 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah, awkward timing made it a little strange, but still a vast improvement over the old tailgate location. My only complaint was that only the southeast doors were open, and the new security people were ridiculous. They wouldn't let my mother bring her umbrella in her purse, made her leave it with them or take it back to the car. What's she going to do, usurp the colorguard with her Mary Poppins impersonation?
jg4242
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Class of 61 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Joyce and I were seated slightly to the left of what could be called center court.... loved the atmosphere, along with the team coming into the Stroh....BUT... we couldn't understand HALF of what the MC was saying. Sound system was "tinny", not feedback per se...but VERY hard to understand... Of course, he was also talking very fast and if you've announced events, you know to SLOW DOWN your delivery due to the microphone/speaker delays. But the Stroh is super! I must admit, someone else mentioned escalators...my wife commented on the walk up the steps to the top as to how many stairs there were... I never gave escalators a thought, but it's still a good idea...and would appear to be a "possible" add on in the future, just looking as some empty space when you 1st arrive at the top.... There WAS a sign for an elevator however, though we never did see where it was located. :-k
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby falconwomenbball » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 pm

The elevator is in the northeast corner of the Stroh. If you come in the main doors by the falcon, turn right and keep going. You will eventually see the elevator.
falconwomenbball
Chick
Chick

Postby BGSUE » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:46 am

factman wrote:still needs a little more organization but part of that was due to the volleyball match scheduled so close.

The match was on the schedule before the Stroh Show was moved to the arena.
Both volleyball matches' start time were adjusted one half hour later so the football team could walk though & band could play.
Before a match, the teams have at least a 1/2 hour warm-up divided up equally between them. So more time between the show & the matches might have been better but then it makes it really late for the teams playing the last match.
BGSUE
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Bands