Basketball band

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Basketball band

Postby Bubba Bo Bob Brain » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:25 pm

The band at the Women's Basketball games sounds fantastic!
Thank you for all your work.

... now ... if we could just get the dance team to dance to "Let's Do the Time Warp" with the lyrics"

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

(and let's don't pretend that the 5th line is any more "unacceptable" than some of the moves they already do.)
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Bubba Bo Bob Brain
Chick
Chick

Re: Basketball band

Postby jg4242 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Bubba Bo Bob Brain wrote:(and let's don't pretend that the 5th line is any more "unacceptable" than some of the moves they already do.)

I think it would be completely justified given the special significance that movie had in BG until the Cla-Zel changed hands... :)
jg4242
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Bubba Bo Bob Brain » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 am

I have to say
Akron's band, small as it is without clarinets and flutes, sounded pretty darned good when we were there for the Women's game.
Toledo's band also had a very decent, clean sound when we were there.
However, I still think our very own pep bands at the basketball games sound wonderful. Watching them play you can see how much they enjoy it. Listening to them play you can hear how much energy they put into it.

I never will figure out, though, why home team bands play that song when BG is visiting. When we get to the "Go [home team]" part our fans outshout their fans with "GO B G" every time. And rightfully so.

I look forward to hearing the BG band, even in its travelling reduced size, out shine and out play (and out cheer) the other MAC bands in Cleveland next week.
:rock:
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Bubba Bo Bob Brain
Chick
Chick

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 pm

And it's probably no big deal to most, and not a band item I guess....but why was the BG dance team not in attendence on Friday? The other 3 schools had their dance teams there. Are we the ONLY school on Spring break? Didn't stop the cheerleaders and pep band from being there. :-k
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Bands