New BG fight song...

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

New BG fight song...

Postby Falconfreak90 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm

I may a bit slow on this but what is the newer fight song the rockin FMB plays in the pre game? Is that available anywhere?
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Re: New BG fight song...

Postby musicman2343 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 pm

I think you might be talking about "Go BG Warriors"

It was a march written by Ryan Nowlin ('00, '04) in the honor of the Centennial.

It was the season I was student teaching so I never got to play or march it...
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Freakling1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm

It sounds great to me!
Freakling1

No it's not...

Postby transfer2BGSU » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:47 am

In other trustee action, “Aye, Ziggy Zoomba” was voted the official fight song of the University, replacing “Forward, Falcons.”

http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/mc/features ... paign=ZOOM
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: No it's not...

Postby musicman2343 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:09 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:In other trustee action, “Aye, Ziggy Zoomba” was voted the official fight song of the University, replacing “Forward, Falcons.”

WHAT?! Oh my gosh... can't wait for the backlash from this one. I know I'm sending in my displeasure.
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: No it's not...

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

musicman2343 wrote:
transfer2BGSU wrote:In other trustee action, “Aye, Ziggy Zoomba” was voted the official fight song of the University, replacing “Forward, Falcons.”

WHAT?! Oh my gosh... can't wait for the backlash from this one. I know I'm sending in my displeasure.

Appears that paragraph in the link may have been miss worded. From the BGSU facebook page a couple of hours ago:

"On Friday, the BGSU Board of Trustees passed a resolution to have "Ay Ziggy Zoomba” serve alongside “Forward Falcons” as an official fight song of Bowling Green State University. Ay Ziggy DOES NOT replace "Forward Falcons." The BGSU Undergraduate Student Government led the student initiative to elevate the status of Ay Ziggy"
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:04 am

This is a bunch of CRAP! As much as I LOVE AZZ, and I do love it, it is NOT a fight song. I think there are other motives behind this. We do not need two fight songs, we have a great fight song and a great spirit song, why call AZZ what it's not???
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 am

Personally, I see it as a step to actually replace FF down the road... We shall see. Heads will roll (along) if that happens...
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jg4242 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 pm

It might just be that USG is up to its usual antics. You know, looking busy while doing nothing of actual consequence.

In other news, the Athletic Department no longer allows the band to play the Beer Barrel Polka after games when the team loses. Apparently it was insulting to our players, who could hear the mocking strains clear from the locker room....
jg4242
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby musicman2343 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 pm

jg4242 wrote:It might just be that USG is up to its usual antics. You know, looking busy while doing nothing of actual consequence.

In other news, the Athletic Department no longer allows the band to play the Beer Barrel Polka after games when the team loses. Apparently it was insulting to our players, who could hear the mocking strains clear from the locker room....

Which is about just as dumb as USG pushing the above topic forward.

The last hockey game I went to, there was more canned music than live. It's gotten more and more insulting to the fine musicians we have at BG. It seriously seems like athletics don't want the band there anymore. Glad we graduated when we did, jg4242... I'd be furious up there right now not being allowed to play.
BGSU Class of 2010

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:18 pm

musicman2343 wrote:The last hockey game I went to, there was more canned music than live. It's gotten more and more insulting to the fine musicians we have at BG. It seriously seems like athletics don't want the band there anymore. Glad we graduated when we did, jg4242... I'd be furious up there right now not being allowed to play.

One of my MAJOR complaints for a VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME!!!! I think we need to email Kingston and complain about it. If I see him at the next hockey game, I'm going to mention it to him, too! IT FREAKING DRIVES ME NUTS that canned music is played at all during the hockey games WHEN WE HAVE A BAND THERE TO PLAY!!!! :evil: ](*,) #-o
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Bands