FMB Fundraising

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

FMB Fundraising

Postby It's the Journey... » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 pm

With the DCI show this Sunday (6/22) at Doyt Perry Stadium I wonder why the FMB doesn't do any active fundraising. With that in mind, I believe there are a few easy events that could bring additional revenue to the FMB and allow for the band to provide more to its members and the community.

I believe the FMB should host the following events; a DCI Show (like the one Sunday), a competition focused on the show band style of marching, a competition focused on the Mid States Band Association or OMEA style of marching, and a Band's of America regional. With our facilities we should be able to host first class events and bring in a profit to offset costs the band has each season. In addition, these events will service as recruiting opportunities for the FMB, CMA, and BGSU. Finally, the increased exposure allows additional performance opportunities for the FMB.

So that is my idea/suggestion. Thoughts???
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: FMB Findraising

Postby factman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 am

........so, go ahead a do it and donate the proceeds to FMB. Some of the athletic teams have people outside the actual organization, do fund raisers, and donate back to the programs. I'm sure you could rent the facilities to put on the show.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Bands