Next new projects for campus?

A place to reminisce about the past or talk about the future of BGSU and Bowling Green.

Next new projects for campus?

Postby BGSU33 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 am

With the Wolfe Center close to being wrapped up, does anyone know what some of the next scheduled projects on campus are going to be?
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Next new projects for campus?

Postby BGSU33 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm

I saw in the BG News that there is plans to renovate the rec center. Sounds like work is expected to start next summer. Does anyone know of any other projects slated to get underway as well?
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby unfalconbelievable » Thu May 31, 2012 9:04 pm

New projects coming in the future. Education Building will be torn down and rebuilt for the new Business Administration building and the college of education will move into the current BA.
unfalconbelievable
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 am

Currently being worked on during the summer is the student union. They are redoing the Falcon's Nest food area, combining the pub and greenery into one restaurant, and moving to computer lab so that the pub can have a bigger kitchen
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon137 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Falcon137
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon137 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Found this map also...

http://www.bgsu.edu/downloads/finance/file65484.pdf

Looks like they are planning on doing some work to the Doyt and the sidewalks surrounding it....just doesn't say when.
Falcon137
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Falcon137 wrote:Some Rec Center info.

http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/sa/recwell/ ... 03472.html

Besides the outside it looks liek they are just moving equipment around. Weights upstairs to the basketball area and cardio on the upper level.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby transfer2BGSU » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Falcon137 wrote:
Looks like they are planning on doing some work to the Doyt and the sidewalks surrounding it....just doesn't say when.

They were out working on the sidewalk due south of the stadium and by the track today.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Globetrotter wrote:

Besides the outside it looks liek they are just moving equipment around. Weights upstairs to the basketball area and cardio on the upper level.

The equipment move was done a couple years ago. All weight lifting equipment was moved to the secondary basketball courts (the lower front area), and the upstairs balcony area became just cardio. I did notice that one of the basketball courts was going to be redone and potentially walled in?

Also, they are moving the Pro Shop from the lower level to the main floor and adding some type of student workstation space on the top floor. One thing I did notice, however, is that they did not include the basement in any drawings. The old free weight room (now a spinning room), dance room, and raquetball courts are down there. Are they not making any changes to that area?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm

footballguy51 wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:

The equipment move was done a couple years ago. All weight lifting equipment was moved to the secondary basketball courts (the lower front area), and the upstairs balcony area became just cardio. I did notice that one of the basketball courts was going to be redone and potentially walled in?

Also, they are moving the Pro Shop from the lower level to the main floor and adding some type of student workstation space on the top floor. One thing I did notice, however, is that they did not include the basement in any drawings. The old free weight room (now a spinning room), dance room, and raquetball courts are down there. Are they not making any changes to that area?

So is it just adding windows to the outside so it looks cooler?
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby footballguy51 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

By what I can tell, the entire front will be redone and expanded out some, and the main entrance will be relocated slightly. However, that is all that appears to be new for the outside. As for the inside, they are reworking the 4th basketball court, moving the pro shop up one floor, and adding falcon logos all over the place.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:56 pm

More on the plans for the rec center

http://www.sent-trib.com/front-page/bgs ... rec-center
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm

I just read in the BG News today that they are going to start replacing the Greek housing on campus. Can anyone add any further information about that? It didn't mention anything specifically. Are they building new buildings on the current sites? Any information about other future projects would be much appreciated.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I remember there being an article sometime during this past spring semester mentioning some of the possible locations. Don't rememer them off hand though. It also mentioned they had several different house styles they could choose from depending on the cost
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

BGSU33 wrote:I just read in the BG News today that they are going to start replacing the Greek housing on campus. Can anyone add any further information about that? It didn't mention anything specifically. Are they building new buildings on the current sites? Any information about other future projects would be much appreciated.

Jump into the Greek Life website (Greek Housing Project Home) and they have some power points up. Info they presented to the BoT. Makes for some interesting reading.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Administration/Classes/Memories