Next new projects for campus?

A place to reminisce about the past or talk about the future of BGSU and Bowling Green.

Re: Next new projects for campus?

Postby Falcon137 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:
BGSU33 wrote:I just read in the BG News today that they are going to start replacing the Greek housing on campus. Can anyone add any further information about that? It didn't mention anything specifically. Are they building new buildings on the current sites? Any information about other future projects would be much appreciated.

Jump into the Greek Life website (Greek Housing Project Home) and they have some power points up. Info they presented to the BoT. Makes for some interesting reading.

Do you have a link you could share?
Falcon137
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Anything new going on up there? Any new projects to be started?
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 pm

I saw they are starting work on the new student health center, but does anyone know what they are going to do with the old building once the new one opens?
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 am

I believe the old health center area will be converted to space for the College of Health and Human Services. I don't believe that building was on the list to come down.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 am

Anything going on up at campus? Renovations, planting, building, landscaping, painting? Always appreciate hearing what's going on in between visits (which usually occur in the fall during football season).
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 am

New health center is looking real good, believe it is suppose to open in time for the start of fall semester
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:20 am

New parking lots, new sidewalk between the ice arena and Doyt, soon to be new steps and sidewalk just outside the library, and new flowers around campus.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 pm

BGFalconfromCincy wrote:New health center is looking real good, believe it is suppose to open in time for the start of fall semester

I would not be surprised if they miss that mark. I would imagine opening will be late September or early October. Wood County Hospital will have to run health services from the old facility until it is ready. I doubt the building not being ready would push back their take over of operations.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 pm

footballguy51 wrote:New parking lots, new sidewalk between the ice arena and Doyt, soon to be new steps and sidewalk just outside the library, and new flowers around campus.

New parking lots as in repaved old ones? Or new lots all together? I hope repaved old one as we have tons of surface lots scattered around campus already, they just look awful.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Stroh Center lot being completely rebuilt. Of course this comes a year or two after they put a bunch of money in it, sealing, restriping it etc to get th Stroh open.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Here is a Sentinel article about more projects planned for the future. There were even talks about knocking down the historic four buildings and building new if it cost less then renovations. The board voted though to continue with plans to renovate those buildings

http://www.sent-trib.com/front-page/tea ... -buildings
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 am

BGFalconfromCincy wrote:Here is a Sentinel article about more projects planned for the future. There were even talks about knocking down the historic four buildings and building new if it cost less then renovations. The board voted though to continue with plans to renovate those buildings

http://www.sent-trib.com/front-page/tea ... -buildings

Thanks for sharing this. Man, just the idea of BGSU even thinking of tearing down those historic buildings made me cringe. THANK GOD they decided to retain and renovate them! I understand the issues with cost concerning renovating or rebuilding, but those building, along with McFall, are about the only collegiate-looking buildings BGSU even has on campus. Take them away and what would we have left of our past? Those buildings frame the historic quad and are symbolic of the core of BGSU's beginning. They absolutely did the right thing to keep them, but I am still stunned to even hear this needed to be voted on. Back when this project was first discussed, I remember reading how those buildings would be preserved as if there wasn't even a second thought about it.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am

BGSU33 wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:New parking lots, new sidewalk between the ice arena and Doyt, soon to be new steps and sidewalk just outside the library, and new flowers around campus.

New parking lots as in repaved old ones? Or new lots all together? I hope repaved old one as we have tons of surface lots scattered around campus already, they just look awful.

The Stroh lot is being torn up and completely redone. Considering the quick fix they did two years ago simply made the potholes look really black, this was a project that needed done. Also, the lot behind the music building is being torn up and replaced. Many of the other lots on campus are simply getting re-tarred and re-striped.

As for the health center, the original opening was planned for sometime in October. However, they got ahead of schedule, so word has it that it's possible to open by day one of the Fall semester if everything continues at the pace it's at.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Redwingtom » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Yet another sentinel article with some details
Picture perfect image lacking at BGSU
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine