Renovations: Olscamp Hall

A place to reminisce about the past or talk about the future of BGSU and Bowling Green.

Renovations: Olscamp Hall

Postby transfer2BGSU » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) this past summer was held in Olscamp Hall while they were doing a massive renovation project. Other than Room 101 and the large lecture halls on the first floor, I think everything else was undergoing some work.

Yesterday I had the chance to see the building that looked awful this summer. When students who attended SOAR this summer get a chance to see the newly renovated space - WOW.

That building looks amazing. I have only been on the second floor maybe once or twice before yesterday. Just in awe of the facility.

Attended a meeting later in the day and the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs said that by the time we have finished this round of academic building renovations, EVERY SINGLE CLASSROOM will have had something done to it to make it better.

Kudos to the university for an outstanding job on Olscamp Hall.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Renovations: Olscamp Hall

Postby BGSU33 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:54 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) this past summer was held in Olscamp Hall while they were doing a massive renovation project. Other than Room 101 and the large lecture halls on the first floor, I think everything else was undergoing some work.

Yesterday I had the chance to see the building that looked awful this summer. When students who attended SOAR this summer get a chance to see the newly renovated space - WOW.

That building looks amazing. I have only been on the second floor maybe once or twice before yesterday. Just in awe of the facility.

Attended a meeting later in the day and the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs said that by the time we have finished this round of academic building renovations, EVERY SINGLE CLASSROOM will have had something done to it to make it better.

Kudos to the university for an outstanding job on Olscamp Hall.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to checking it out. It's hard for me to believe it was in need of such a renovation because my incoming class was the first year Olscamp Hall opened. I remember taking my campus tour as it was being built. It was a state-of-the-art building when I was in school but I understand how quickly that can change. Any idea how the renovation of South Hall is going? Is there a page on bgsu.com that lists info and show images or videos of these kind of updates? I have looked and couldn't find anything other than the Greek Village webcam.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Administration/Classes/Memories