We're Back!

Administrative message to and/or from the webmaster.

Re: We're Back!

Postby rood » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:48 pm

factman wrote:Maybe just a bit LARGER font for us old guys!

Control-Plus

Easy-peasy.
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Just my 2 cents, fwiw:
-Love the logo at the top!
-VERY glad all this white is temporary!
-Would love to see the black changed to BROWN!
-And a lot more ORANGE, please! :-D

THANKS!!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:11 am

I love the logo, but some interesting info about it: I only see it when I use Firefox or Chrome. When I use Internet Explorer (BGSU has a thing about preferring IE) the logo does not show up. I wonder if my Explorer is out of date or if there is something in the coding that prevents the logo from appearing using that browser.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Warthog » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm

I'd like to see more delineation between actual posts and people's signatures. I catch myself reading every signatture because I can't tell that thier post has ended and the signature begins.
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
- Ernest Hemingway
Warthog
Freak Wanna-be!!
Freak Wanna-be!!

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

footballguy51 wrote:I love the logo, but some interesting info about it: I only see it when I use Firefox or Chrome. When I use Internet Explorer (BGSU has a thing about preferring IE) the logo does not show up. I wonder if my Explorer is out of date or if there is something in the coding that prevents the logo from appearing using that browser.

I use Internet Explorer and see the logo.
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby thewebboy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:51 pm

I am noticing all the tweaks (black to brown, faded signatures). Good stuff.

I do think the background or post background needs more contrast, so you can tell where one post ends and another begins.

Looking great though!
thewebboy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Not everybody's profile information appears on the left of the post. For example, my info is on the right and it is shrunk down to fit into a half inch area. The space on the left where this info should appear still exists, but is empty.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:31 pm

thewebboy wrote:I am noticing all the tweaks (black to brown, faded signatures). Good stuff.

I do think the background or post background needs more contrast, so you can tell where one post ends and another begins.

Looking great though!

I like seeing the brown, but maybe all of the black areas (to click on) can be changed to brown? :-D
Also agree that we definitely need more contrast! And I like having the profile pics on the left. :-D
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TG1996 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 am

Where did all the black go? I LOVE black!

*ducks*
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I have the same problem as footballguy51 - my avatar is still on the right.

Also, have the quote buttons been put back in?
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mscarn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Me too. The quoting/post editing functions are not showing (although others seem to be able to quote)
mscarn
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:16 pm

footballguy51 wrote:Not everybody's profile information appears on the left of the post. For example, my info is on the right and it is shrunk down to fit into a half inch area. The space on the left where this info should appear still exists, but is empty.

This is happening for me, too. Can anything be done to address this?
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby pdt1081 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:13 pm

[quote="Schadenfreude']This is happening for me, too. Can anything be done to address this?[/quote]

When I look through this thread, everybody's profile information (including yours) appears on the left except mine. I also don't have quote or edit buttons. This is with an Android tablet and the same with my Android phone.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:20 pm

PDT, your appears on the left, but mine is on the right. In other areas of the board, flipper's info is also on the right, and select others do it, too. I do not have access to the quote buttons or anything like that, either.

This is just a shot in the dark, but is there something programmed into the system for restrictions for different user groups? If so, are some of us in a separate user group from others, or do we not all have certain permissions?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Mine's on the right because I'm a Repub....Conservative.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

PreviousNext

Return to Admin