GMAC bowl again!

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

GMAC bowl again!

Postby Beta Kappa Bob » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:52 am

Personally I'm excited about heading down to Mobile again. What are your thoughts on our bowl bid?
Beta Kappa Bob
Egg
Egg

Postby FMBfan07 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:25 am

i'm excited. I didn't get to go to the last game because that was a year I didn't march, so I am excited! I think Toronto would of been sweet, but I'll take Mobile! It's exciting, Graduation on the 15th of Dec, then 3 weeks later get to go bowling! What a great way to end college!
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: GMAC bowl again!

Postby Strouse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:22 pm

Beta Kappa Bob wrote:Personally I'm excited about heading down to Mobile again. What are your thoughts on our bowl bid?

hey bob, fyi, this is being talked about in the football forum.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby The Niz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:22 pm

A lot of people weren't thrilled with the last trip to Mobile because of the weather and the hotel. I personally had a blast. The only problem was the fact that it completely spoiled the entire FMB experience for the '04 freshman class. Absolutely thrilled to be heading back there and getting another spoiled freshman class.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:36 pm

I personally see it as a fitting end of my marching career-Come in with the GMAC and leave the same way. I only have one concern-I know Doc H. essentially told us we'd be excused from classes on Monday, but I really need to hear that from someone higher-up.

Anyone know if we're doing the same bus trip down? I'd heard tell that Hayward demanded planes and not buses after what happened in '04/'05
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby FMBfan07 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:23 pm

FMBEuphtastic wrote:I personally see it as a fitting end of my marching career-Come in with the GMAC and leave the same way. I only have one concern-I know Doc H. essentially told us we'd be excused from classes on Monday, but I really need to hear that from someone higher-up.

Anyone know if we're doing the same bus trip down? I'd heard tell that Hayward demanded planes and not buses after what happened in '04/'05

i also heard that she is wanting to fly too. Maybe that is why on the athletic website they have a spot to donate to the band to pay for us.

Regrads to missing class, from what I heard (just heard again) that The university will send a list off all football players and personal, band, cheerleaders, and who ever is going that has to go their names to all professors and they have to cross reference. I guess it would not be a bad idea also when it comes closer to just search for your profs email address and tell them you are in the band and will be in mobile.
Go Falcons!
Roll Along!
FMBfan07
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jlozer8 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:04 pm

I think it's great to go back to Mobile, I just don't like the fact that almost everyone (except me) has to be back somewhere on Monday. I am probably going one way or the other, just gotta figure everything out I guess.
Falcon Marching Band - Trumpet Section Leader '04, '05. '06
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:20 pm

i personally HATE flying, but I think i'd rather go that route than the 3890 hour bus trip down there *note a slight exaggeration*
but with our luck, it'll be the same as it was when the Athletic Band went to Seattle and they couldn't find flights for us to get home...that was pretty sweet though cuz Seattle is awesome!
I'm okay with going back to Mobile as long as we're not in the same janky hotel we were in last time...that place was AWFUL!
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby goofyeuph » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Personally, I'm jealous. I kept hoping for the Motor City Bowl, but that is only because that would be the one bowl game I could make. Go, have fun. I had a BLAST in Mobile in 2004. I wish I could go, but alas I have zero vacation time, and not a whole lot more money. Go Falcons! God Bless the FMB!!!
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FMBEuphtastic » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:39 am

Agreed, SaxyGirl. That hotel = teh suck. If we have similarly wonderful people to deal with on that trip (Oh, I can't eat breakfast in comfortable non-denim soft swishy pants because you percieve them to be pajamas? Oh, you're mocking me because I can't tell if that pitcher of generic red juice is grape, cranberry, hawaiian punch, something I could be highly allergic to but you won't tell me because you'd rather mock me for asking a question?) I may have to get slightly unpleasant.

Here's hoping we get a better hotel than 123 Janky St.
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother. You're already screwed.
FMBEuphtastic
Egg
Egg

Postby Metz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:53 pm

The band is flying for sure!!! I'm actually thankful for that. A few hours crammed in a seat in the air beats 23 hours crammed in a seat on a bus!

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby 1987alum » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm

Can't wait to see the band strut its stuff at the parade!

Go, FMB!!!
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby Wauseon Falcon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:20 pm

I personally had a great experience the last time! Didn't deal with the "do you wear pajamas at breakfast at your home?" (Uh, yeah!) I'll remember to double knot my shoes before the parade, and remember that plumes can't swim!! It will be great to go down there again.
Wauseon Falcon
Egg
Egg

Postby Bassdrummin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 pm

I had a great time at that hotel, great memories...

Bassdrummin
Chick
Chick

Postby bgmaggot00 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Good times were had by me at the 04 GMAC bowl. I'd be happy to go back, but work calls on Monday morning. Grr....
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands