Bowl Game Traditions

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Bowl Game Traditions

Postby The Niz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:52 pm

I know the Euphs have some of their own, do any other sections in the band have special bowl game traditions to follow in the coming weeks??
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Metz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:15 am

I had a great tradition going with my small Freddie hanging a Tiger from a noose. Of course I don't think I'm gonna find many golden hurricanes floating around to do the same with!

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby The Niz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:09 am

Not without an expensive website subscription.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby SaxyGirl85 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Metz wrote:I had a great tradition going with my small Freddie hanging a Tiger from a noose. Of course I don't think I'm gonna find many golden hurricanes floating around to do the same with!

i'm not gonna lie...that was probably the highlight of the game itself, you with that silly tiger on it's noose...especially when you kept hanging it on your trumpet, if i remember correctly. :)
SaxyGirl85
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Rightupinthere » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:01 pm

I always had the tradition of getting food poisoning when at bowl games....usually BEFORE the actual game itself.

Good times, good times.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Ohiogal » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:53 pm

RUIT, how about the 3 hour rehersal once we got off the plane to change the entire half time? Highlight of my trip...
Go Faccons!
Ohiogal
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcons4Life » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:40 pm

I don't think I really need to tell you what my personal tradition is!
I love my birds! Go Falcons, Go Jayhawks!!!
Falcons4Life
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Strouse » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:25 pm

it appears that the maggots have a tradition (well since the motor city bowl) that at least one member of the section forgets some part of their uniform.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby able1 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Ohiogal wrote:RUIT, how about the 3 hour rehersal once we got off the plane to change the entire half time? Highlight of my trip...

You mean for the show where we were a part of the world's largest human christmas tree and got shot by cannons full of large metal washers? Yeah, that was fun.
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:32 am

able1 wrote:
Ohiogal wrote:RUIT, how about the 3 hour rehersal once we got off the plane to change the entire half time? Highlight of my trip...

You mean for the show where we were a part of the world's largest human christmas tree and got shot by cannons full of large metal washers? Yeah, that was fun.

Ahhhhh, yes. I still remember watching half the band flinch when those tubes blew.
What made for an even finer moment for that halftime was the fact that the coordinated piped music (and *cough* lyrics) through the bus-sized speakers was LOUDER than the four bands combined.

That rehearsal sucked because we were ALL snapping at each other by the end of that rehearsal.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby able1 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:25 pm

I had almost fogotten, that was the infamous "CHILL!" "NO, YOU CHILL!!" rehearsal. Do you recall that incident between a certain El Richard and Mr. Powers?

I remember some people complaining about damage to their horns from those big washers. I didn't get hit by them, but I would have been ticked too.
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:36 pm

able1 wrote:I had almost fogotten, that was the infamous "CHILL!" "NO, YOU CHILL!!" rehearsal. Do you recall that incident between a certain El Richard and Mr. Powers?

I remember some people complaining about damage to their horns from those big washers. I didn't get hit by them, but I would have been ticked too.

Was "The Big Chill" in Vegas? Perhaps it was. I H-A-T-E-D 1992 and pushed most of that miserable experience out of my skull.

I spent the majority of my time performing damage control thanks to that freaking Turkish bus driver. I can't imagine how bad the grad asses had it.

Man, was Sparky a dick.
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby The Niz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Did Buffo travel to bowl games?
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jlozer8 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:30 pm

The Niz wrote:Did Buffo travel to bowl games?

While I wasn't around in the Buffo era, I would think that traveling to a bowl game might eliminate the anonymity of who was behind the mask, so I would assume that Buffo didn't travel. I'm sure if I'm wrong, somebody will correct me though.
Falcon Marching Band - Trumpet Section Leader '04, '05. '06
jlozer8
Chick
Chick

Postby able1 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Yeah, the chill shouting match was Powers and Sparks, so it had to be Vegas. It was that long morning rehearsal out in the boonies. Whether you liked Mike or not, you had to give him credit for standing up for himself, and often times for the whole band.

As far as buffo making bowl game appearances, I honestly don't recall. Many buffo members were in KKY and/or were maybe a senior who wasn't marching because they were student teaching or something. Not that I would know ;-) I don't specifically remember an appearance, but I think it would have been possible. Anyone remember if they were at either of the pep rallies? (Vegas or Fresno)
able1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to BGSU Bands