Need New Music for the Stands - would love a band opinion

1, 2, Ay-Zig, GO!

Postby The Niz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I have been puzzling a funky kind of show together the last couple days. The problem is I don't know the song titles or even the artisits who perform some of the music. There is a song from the movie Be Cool (it can also be heard in Grand Theft Auto VC) that has great instruments playing behind the singer and I have no idea what it is. Dammit.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
User avatar
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 am
Location: Parris Island, SC

opinon

Postby DustinXtreme » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:25 am

eventhough i am just a dedicated fan sweet caroline should only be played at hockey and B-Ball games and hey baby should be played at football games and please play ayziggy zoomba more often if you can
GO BG
There can be only ONE!
WWWYKI
#Heel
If your not down with that then i've got two words 4 ya!
User avatar
DustinXtreme
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 am
Location: Bowling green

Re: opinon

Postby Bigcman0789 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:45 am

DustinXtreme wrote: please play ayziggy zoomba more often if you can
GO BG


:shock:
Bigcman0789
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: Bowling Green

Re: opinon

Postby Strouse » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:01 am

Bigcman0789 wrote:
DustinXtreme wrote: please play ayziggy zoomba more often if you can
GO BG


:shock:


what he said...are you serious? i love ay-zig as much as the next guy, but seriously? there is such a thing as over-doing something.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:21 am
Location: BGSU/Troy, Ohio

Re: opinon

Postby bgmaggot00 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Strouse wrote:
Bigcman0789 wrote:
DustinXtreme wrote: please play ayziggy zoomba more often if you can
GO BG


:shock:


what he said...are you serious? i love ay-zig as much as the next guy, but seriously? there is such a thing as over-doing something.


Wow. More Ay-zig? Yowsa.

You want a few examples of what that could turn into? Watch any Florida State, Oklahoma or USC football game, and you'll quickly want to hurl a brick at the band for playing the SAME SONG all game.
User avatar
bgmaggot00
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Lawrence, KS

Re: opinon

Postby Peregrinner » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:13 pm

bgmaggot00 wrote:
Strouse wrote:
Bigcman0789 wrote:
DustinXtreme wrote: please play ayziggy zoomba more often if you can
GO BG


:shock:


what he said...are you serious? i love ay-zig as much as the next guy, but seriously? there is such a thing as over-doing something.


Wow. More Ay-zig? Yowsa.

You want a few examples of what that could turn into? Watch any Florida State, Oklahoma or USC football game, and you'll quickly want to hurl a brick at the band for playing the SAME SONG all game.


I definitely would not make this complaint, but I have definitely already heard people say they get tired of Ay-zig as it is. I would say it's fine as it is or could even stand to be played a little less.
- Terry S.
- Freddie Falcon 2007-2008
- Class of 2009

The 2nd Annual Alzheimer's Memorial Charity Golf Tournament
To benefit the Alzheimer's Association's Greater Michigan Chapter
July 16, 2011

http://alzheimersmemorial.org
User avatar
Peregrinner
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: Okemos, MI / Bowling Green, OH

Postby The Niz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:03 pm

The euphs keep a count for every a-band season of how many times we play that song. This year was well over 1000. When my gf gets home I'll ask her since she keeps it tabulated on her phone.

I'd be in favor of playing it more if we could play it right. The song is so much more exciting when it starts slow and builds momentum after each round.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
User avatar
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 am
Location: Parris Island, SC

Previous

Return to BGSU Bands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests